5 months in...decision made

shak

Ok I am going to throw a cat amongst the pigeons here.Shak you mentioned your OH is in debt and you can't leave until he has paid off these debts. My first husband caused me nothing but grief with debts.I'm no angel but I've never had debts except a joint mortgage which thank god,I've never had the heartache of losing a house,so I guess that's a plus! During the time of my first marriage I was sick a lot!!! Always at the doc's with chest infections (caused by asthma).My husband did not earn a lot,and I could of lived with that,but he spent money on crap for himself,and one day,when I went to run a bath for the children,no water came out of the tap!I rang my husband,who told me he hadn't paid the water bill!!! Sure enough I went outside the front to the water supply and the water company had locked our water!Nice! That was actually the last straw.The children and I left shortly after.

I guess what I am trying to suggest is.....sometimes we can have what I call "toxic partners"!My husband was causing me a lot of stress which contributed to my ill health. I guess what I am asking you is this:Is it the country making you ill or your partner?Its very stressful when someone you're with is clocking up the debts,and even more stressful when you have no one around to support you! I could of course be completely on the wrong track here,and if I am,I apologise.I can only offer my experiences.I can tell you though,after I left my first OH,my health improved immensely!:cute:

I would like to wish you the best of luck hon.Is it possible for you to talk to family/friends via Skype and in private if you need to?

2 weeks holiday in the hot sun is far from having to live in it, to many do not realise how depressing and horrible months of overbearing heat can be, this is never explained to people seeking to go.
Jeez - I never thought that I would agree with anything you said!

Ok I am going to throw a cat amongst the pigeons here.Shak you mentioned your OH is in debt and you can't leave until he has paid off these debts. My first husband caused me nothing but grief with debts.I'm no angel but I've never had debts except a joint mortgage which thank god,I've never had the heartache of losing a house,so I guess that's a plus! During the time of my first marriage I was sick a lot!!! Always at the doc's with chest infections (caused by asthma).My husband did not earn a lot,and I could of lived with that,but he spent money on crap for himself,and one day,when I went to run a bath for the children,no water came out of the tap!I rang my husband,who told me he hadn't paid the water bill!!! Sure enough I went outside the front to the water supply and the water company had locked our water!Nice! That was actually the last straw.The children and I left shortly after.

I guess what I am trying to suggest is.....sometimes we can have what I call "toxic partners"!My husband was causing me a lot of stress which contributed to my ill health. I guess what I am asking you is this:Is it the country making you ill or your partner?Its very stressful when someone you're with is clocking up the debts,and even more stressful when you have no one around to support you! I could of course be completely on the wrong track here,and if I am,I apologise.I can only offer my experiences.I can tell you though,after I left my first OH,my health improved immensely!:cute:

I would like to wish you the best of luck hon.Is it possible for you to talk to family/friends via Skype and in private if you need to?

Hi jacaranda...i dont think its my because of my hubby.yes i did cum out here for him only,whilst i were already under quite alot of stress backin uk.i didnt quite get over the stresses in uk,then i had to make the huge move to oz.and then when i realised that oz is something i dont want right now in my life,it was too late as my husband had already done his exams,signed contracts,etc.so i began to just think positive,and started to look forward to aus.and the first month was great here.its just the past four months that have been hell.and my husband has now realised that maybe it wasnt the right time for me to move,hence why hes the one that made the decision for going back home late next year and if things get any worse to go back earlier.my husband the kind of person that acts first and then thinks about it,lol.but thanks and sorry you had to go through all that with your first husband,hope things improved for you

What an honest post, and well done for managing to stay positive about some things when everything seems to be falling apart for you. Sometimes we have to move away from things (and people) to make us realise what we had in the first place, and then we can go back, see them through fresh eyes, and appreciate what we have again.

Hopefully having made a decision to go back and set a date will lift a weight off your mind.

You gave it a go, you tried it and it's not for you. You are strong and brave to have done this and I wish you every happiness in the future.

2 weeks holiday in the hot sun is far from having to live in it, to many do not realise how depressing and horrible months of overbearing heat can be, this is never explained to people seeking to go.

I think plenty of people on here to try to explain but being told and experiencing it are two very different things - I was accused of not doing enough research when I said I didn't like the heat but no amount of research can tell you how you will feel & everyone feels different.

Archived