CSOL Gallery or Museum Curator

ferg

Good afternoon (or morning) everyone,

I previously posted a question regarding Secondary Teaching, as at the time it was what I had planned to carry on and do.

However after some interesting times, I am now aiming towards a career in Museums, and Australia still has a strong hold over me.

On the Consolidated Skills Occupation List, Gallery or Museum Curator is listed (224212) however how do I find out which state the position actually belongs on? Ideally I am looking at Western Australia and Queensland. Where can I find more detailed information?

I also have some other questions.

By June 2016 I will have:

BA (Hons) Classical Studies

SVQ Level 3 Museums and Galleries Studies

1 years experience in a Museum, more curatorial than FOH

I plan on going to do MA Museums and Galleries Studies in either St Andrews or Leicester (admission dependent!) 2016-2017.

By the time of completing the MA, I will be 29.

I found somewhere it states that you require at least 1 years experience in highly relevant employment (can't for the life of me remember where I found it).

Would my 1 years experience count? That would be the year 2015-2016, whereas I would complete my MA in 2017 (assuming the plan goes along smoothly).

I also at one point found a list explaining what points you got for what...skills you had (IELTs, education, age, etc) but I also can't find that and my mind is running blank....

I also understand that this occupation could be pulled at any point, however if that's the case then I will deal with it then!

Thanks anyone who can help or advise with all of this. I've searched the forums high and low, and there is very little information I can find regarding this occupation!

Thanks!

Kirsty

You can check each state's skilled migration occupation lists, but this link helps speed up that process: https://www.anzscosearch.com/

You'd still have to check the state's migration pages to see what additional criteria may apply. At the moment, this occupation is only available in South Australia - they sometimes require you to have studied or gained work experience in the state so you'd need to see if this is the case for your occupation.

The points information for a 190 visa can be found on the DIBP website - there's a Points Test tab which explains the various criteria.

I can't help with your other questions.

Good afternoon (or morning) everyone,

I previously posted a question regarding Secondary Teaching, as at the time it was what I had planned to carry on and do.

However after some interesting times, I am now aiming towards a career in Museums, and Australia still has a strong hold over me.

On the Consolidated Skills Occupation List, Gallery or Museum Curator is listed (224212) however how do I find out which state the position actually belongs on? Ideally I am looking at Western Australia and Queensland. Where can I find more detailed information?

I also have some other questions.

By June 2016 I will have:

BA (Hons) Classical Studies

SVQ Level 3 Museums and Galleries Studies

1 years experience in a Museum, more curatorial than FOH

I plan on going to do MA Museums and Galleries Studies in either St Andrews or Leicester (admission dependent!) 2016-2017.

By the time of completing the MA, I will be 29.

I found somewhere it states that you require at least 1 years experience in highly relevant employment (can't for the life of me remember where I found it).

You found that on the VETASSESS skills assessment website. You must have a positive skills assessment from them before you can submit an EOI for a 190. SA may also expect you to have skills assessment before you apply to them for sponsorship.

http://www.vetassess.com.au/Skills-Assessment-for-Migration/General-Occupations/Nominate-an-Occupation

Would my 1 years experience count? That would be the year 2015-2016, whereas I would complete my MA in 2017 (assuming the plan goes along smoothly).

See above

I also at one point found a list explaining what points you got for what...skills you had (IELTs, education, age, etc) but I also can't find that and my mind is running blank....

See under the Points test tab on the following:

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/190.aspx

I also understand that this occupation could be pulled at any point, however if that's the case then I will deal with it then!

Thanks anyone who can help or advise with all of this. I've searched the forums high and low, and there is very little information I can find regarding this occupation!

Thanks!

Kirsty

Answers to your other questions in red above.