Have my first Skype interview 4am!!!

Murta

Well got my first Skype interview Tuesday at the lovely hour of 4am...I don't mind obviously..am getting nervous now at the thought ha!!

Looking up all the tips of the day on Skype interview Australis/Sydney style (if there is such thing).Shout them out!! Wont be wearing PJ thats for sure lol!

By pure default I have got this far, as some of you know my dilemma about going or not going. This job came up in my regular email job listings and hey presto after a detailed application "selection criteria' (which is so different to what I know) I got an interview.

Who knows but looking forward to the experience as it is not the typical social work jobs but in a uni heading up placement coordinating.

Does anyone know if interviews are a regular thing or is there a theory on how choosy places are becoming especially in sydney where supply is high?

Best of luck! Some people find getting dressed and sitting at a desk etc help with a telephone interview. I had one at 6 am and went in to the office to do it as I was worried I'd be too relaxed at home

Make sure you have a copy of your cv/application to hand, as well as the job listing details. Find out who you are going to be speaking with and do a bit of research on them if possible. Also think of a couple of sensible questions to ask at the end of the interview

Hi Murta,

I have experienced both a telephone and Skype interview, the latter more recently. I must say the whole experience of the Skype interview was more than a hundred times better than a telephone one.

I was wearing a smart black shirt with my pyjama bottoms :laugh:

I had 2 people interview me, the best thing about the interview was that I could see how they were responding to my answers and having the screen in between us provided a little protection bit of a safety barrier. I felt much more confident being able to see who I was talking to and having some smiling faces looking back at me especially as one of them is going to be my manager very soon!

All the best for Tuesday :smile:

Sara

I recently did a career transition workshop through the mod and they had a section on Skype interviews. The main point that stood out to me was that some companies will try and find a reason for you to stand up so they can see if you bothered getting fully suited or not. A small detail but after ie as told i know I will be. I have my first Skype interview on Monday night at 19.00 for some reason they are the ones getting up at 06.00 to do it.

Guest Amelie
I recently did a career transition workshop through the mod and they had a section on Skype interviews. The main point that stood out to me was that some companies will try and find a reason for you to stand up so they can see if you bothered getting fully suited or not. A small detail but after ie as told i know I will be. I have my first Skype interview on Monday night at 19.00 for some reason they are the ones getting up at 06.00 to do it.

All the best of luck for Monday Danny.

Im glad they didn't ask me to stand up...they'd have got a glimpse of my pink pyjama bottoms with moo cows printed all over them...but at least I had them on if they had :wink: hahahaha!

All the best for your interview

Sara

Will get the matching trouser then ha! Sure Danny 842003 let us know how you get on. Thanks all for the great tips...studying away now on the application forms...some parts I forgot i wrote and it only a few weeks ago..just shows you how easily one can forget!

HI there how did you get on tonight?

Guest Amelie
Well it wasn't skype as such as they only did audio so I got suited for nothing. They have just asked to arrange a second interview when I'm in country which can only be a good thing I guess.

That sounds really positive. When do you fly over?

Guest Amelie

I haven't got an interview as I've just started applying…I popped onto this thread as I was curious with the interview process.

Did the interview wow what A lovely experience! Don't want to do face to face again lol

4 people with 7 questions with a few warm up Ones and detailed background of the job.

my lovely oh arranged for the downstairs heat to come on to keep me cosy .. Lol.. Sweated buckets throughout!! Booted suited and the face on in my kitchen no no for heat!!

All in in all I did my best few things I could have said but some I simply wont know to I live there . They said 5/7 days as they are recommender . No actual start date for job which is better for me . They said it is an extraa post they we developing . Fingers crossed

Any of you wage buffs can you help me get my head around the salary calculator

101,112.00 - 112 245 salary range

then it has 17% Superannuation and Leave Loading (85 441 to 94 848)

When I use the tax calculator it states 64 796 net, where or what is the 85 k range do you think ?

and secondly what exactly would leave loading mean in this circumstance i believe it is 6 weeks leave pa?

Any help would help thanks

Leave loading is usually 17.5% paid in addition to your normal salary for Annual Leave payments. It looks to me as if it's only calculated on 4 weeks though it doesn't work out exactly - maybe the rate is different. 17% superannuation is higher than the compulsory 9.5% but remember that those payments are locked up until you reach retirement age.

Not sure what you mean by 'where or what is the 85 k range do you think ?'

• 2 weeks later...

Goodness am doing buttons waiting on the response. It was suggested at the interview 5/7 working days (or less) to get a response .....that was 4pm sydney time 10 days ago. Gonna have to sit put over weekend now biting the nails. Just need to be put out of my misery. I will consider emailing them to follow up if no word by Monday . Don't believe in the no news is good news thing in this instance!!?

Usually with jobs interviews, No News is Bad News.

So I would lower your hopes and not be too disappointed if you don't get it.

My experience is when they want you they get back to you very quickly.

Precisely parleycross, am very realistic on that score but still need the response to kill it off!

Archived