sweet n sour

legoman

Well house sold in 3 days all surveys etc done and pleased with price, Perth news say glut of housing and rentals available so that looks promising too and my job in uk coming to an end as redundancies and jobcuts on the council are brutal.

on the flip side ahs anyone in WA noticed the upturn inunemployment and slowdown in economy, obviosly from here trying to get a gauge on it is too black andwhite and my son so excited on my return he wouls prob just say anything lol.

not too worried but always good to be prepared dib dib dib. :-)

Well house sold in 3 days all surveys etc done and pleased with price, Perth news say glut of housing and rentals available so that looks promising too and my job in uk coming to an end as redundancies and jobcuts on the council are brutal.

on the flip side ahs anyone in WA noticed the upturn inunemployment and slowdown in economy, obviosly from here trying to get a gauge on it is too black andwhite and my son so excited on my return he wouls prob just say anything lol.

not too worried but always good to be prepared dib dib dib. :-)

OH works in O&G, and his company just informed them all this morning that their second round of redundancies will take place on Friday. Our daughter works for an airline (mainly FIFO workers) and they received an email on Friday asking them for voluntary redundancies. So, sorry I don't have any positive 'Upturn in employment' stories for you legoman :(

There is a big selection of houses available, not surprising the amount they've built and are still building in the last few years. Surprisingly though the prices still don't seem to be dropping very much, especially in the popular neighbourhoods. Rentals have come down I hear.

There are a few more out of work, I think last months unemployment figures for WA were about 5%, so still the lowest unemployment state in the country. Depends what you do and what contacts you have whether you will find it easy to get a job or not. Good luck.

Yes - WA is slowing significantly at the moment with unemployment rising.

I have just started my first job in 8 months. But that is in Europe.

It is not brain surgery to know that councils here are going to have to start major lay offs - the state is already about to and has slashed salaries. The salary for new staff joining the state has been cut by 40% excpt for police, teachers and nurses - for which it has been cut by 10%.

The governement here gets a huge amount of its money from mining royalties - mainly iron ore. It set its budget based on a price of iron at about $140 a tonne. The price is actually $64. Major problem.

You need to ask yourself if there are lots of rentals available - why? I suspect two reasons. 1. Lots of the kiwis have gone home - where i live, we had about 30% kiwi. I dont think we have one now. 2. Lots of expats have gone. I moved house the other week and used a big removal company. They reported that they have been inundated with brits and south africans leaving.

Apologies, yes I amin the uk at present, had to delay a year but gained 30k on the house, naturally as the sale progresses the pound gets weaker aginst the dollar, :-(

I do hold wa gas licenece and experience in maintenance work etc and bus drive licence, my older son there but younger son here 18 thinks he is better off staying now although he has no quals etc he wants to join the Army. Never an easy decision but then again he is 18 and his rrv is valid til 2018. appreciate the replies