Kiwi living in Aus wanting to move "home" to the UK

kiwiathome

Hi kellmer. You have just joined too? What issues are you and your partner having? Do you mean a move back would not resolve your issues? Are you in Australia?

Please tell us more. You may have already posted but I haven't read all the threads. At least I am sitting in the Sunshine Coast today enjoying the torrential rain, all cosy inside (kids home), doing all the "winter" things. Yeah! I know so many of you will think I am crazy, but wonderful to have a break from sun and heat!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke to soon. Should have not said enjoying the torrential rain and cosiness of things with the turn yesterday arvo took. My friend was on her way down from Caloundra to me at North Lakes (north Brisbane, Moreton Bay) with her kids, and got stuck in the flood waters storms.

Thankfully they are OK and eventually got here 7 hours later. Some are not. I have to add these extreme weather events in Aus scare the hell out of me! I hope someone can say the weather is not as extreme in Blighty and less extreme events???!

Hugs to anyone ever experienced being stuck in floods. (I got stuck in the Ipswich floods with my kids in car back in 2011)

Spoke to soon. Should have not said enjoying the torrential rain and cosiness of things with the turn yesterday arvo took. My friend was on her way down from Caloundra to me at North Lakes (north Brisbane, Moreton Bay) with her kids, and got stuck in the flood waters storms.

Thankfully they are OK and eventually got here 7 hours later. Some are not. I have to add these extreme weather events in Aus scare the hell out of me! I hope someone can say the weather is not as extreme in Blighty and less extreme events???!

Hugs to anyone ever experienced being stuck in floods. (I got stuck in the Ipswich floods with my kids in car back in 2011)

No the UK does not have extreme weather events on a par with Australia, my OH and I work in this kind of field and I can assure you of that.

On the other hand, the UK continues to get caught out by even a sprinkling of snow which comes as a great surprise every year and so minor weather events (in comparison) can feel much worse than they really are.