How many payslips??

Sharyn10

hello, we have been invited to apply for a 189 visa and are currently collecting information needed and have our medicals booked for next Thursday. I was just wondering if anyone applying for this visa knew how many payslips are needed to be added. Thanks in advance :-)

You need payslips to cover the period of time for which you are claiming points for work experience. You have to prove that you really were employed, without breaks, in the nominated occupation for the period claimed and some payslips have enough info that just a few would be enough. Others lack detail and you would need more. If there are gaps, make sure you have other evidence that covers the gap.

Thanks. I'm claiming 8-10 years work experience but I don't think I have kept my pay slips from that long ago. I just hope they'll accept what I do have!

I did not include a single payslip and also claimed maximum years for employment. I included reference letters that covered my years of employment and a couple of P60s from most recent years.

We are at the same point and like yourself haven't kept payslips from so far back, we had to contact HMRC to ask for p45 and p60 these records are only held for the previous 7 years so if your claiming 8-10 then you will also need a p14 and you must request this info by letter hope this helps

Question:

Does the evidence have to add up to a maximum of set amount of years? i.e. if you take a 2 week holiday every year, do you then have to bridge that gap? Or are they human and understand that we all have holidays...

Say you were claiming for 5 years -

Each year you took 3 weeks off in total.

52 weeks - 3 weeks = 49 weeks x 5 = 245 weeks thus falling short of the 5 years. (as apposed to 52 weeks x 5 = 260 weeks)

If you're uploading documents of any kind to DIBP, they do not need to be certified if they are colour scans of the original. And don't let the 'colour' mislead you - if a payslip document (for example) is B&W, it can be scanned and uploaded without being certified.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I recently completed my IELTS as a first step in the whole 189 visa application process. I have started to gather all required documents for skills assessment (Accountant). I have worked for the past 9 years (with about 4 months maternity leave last year) and I plan to claim points for work experience. I haven't kept my payslips in the past years and the company I worked for 4 years ago does not keep them anymore in record.

Apart from the certificate of employment, work experience certification, and income tax certificates, I plan to submit bank statements showing the credits of salaries. I am just wondering those who have not submitted all payslips since day 1 of their employment on whether or not their assessing body still recognized their years of experience. It is a daunting task collecting all payslips, not to mention some previous employers won't even provide them anymore.

As for my current company, I have been with them for 4 years but payslips up to 2 or 3 years ago can be retrieved through the company's online facility.

Your responses are highly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,

For my skills assessment I didn't have to submit payslips just detailed references from previous employers over the 10 year period. They have to write in your reference the exact dates you were employed, weather full time or part time and the salary earned.

I have uploaded all my documents and as I didn't have payslips going back so far I have sent in my p60s and my latest payslip from current employer.

Our medicals got finalised this weekend so I guess I just wait to hear now if anything else is needed.

Good luck

Hi Sharyn10

I am in the process of applying for this visa and had to submit 10 years worth of P60s to claim the points for work experience. I am a Secondary Teacher. I now juts need to get that verified by a lawyer and then sent off. So much paperwork to sort...:eek:

Hi,

For my skills assessment I didn't have to submit payslips just detailed references from previous employers over the 10 year period. They have to write in your reference the exact dates you were employed, weather full time or part time and the salary earned.

I have uploaded all my documents and as I didn't have payslips going back so far I have sent in my p60s and my latest payslip from current employer.

Our medicals got finalised this weekend so I guess I just wait to hear now if anything else is needed.

Good luck

Hi,

Thought I would add that I also have not uploaded any payslips or bank statements, but my professional references, Ilets and skills assessment and my AHPRA registration (nursing) - surely you would think if you have your skills assessed which indicate how many years you are able to claim for then this would surfice, along with the evidence of your points - guess we will see - time to await for CO to see if they request more documentation.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I thought I should share the news that our visas got granted last week!! We didn't get asked to supply any further information and we didn't get assigned a CO.

So, along with the skills assessment, and employment references for the last 10 years, I just supplied P60s for the 10 years and the current months payslip from current employer. I was worried that they would want more information, but thankfully they didn't!

Good luck everyone

Archived