Go Matilda! Any opinions?

Birch4

Hi everyone,

We are fairly new here! I have just booked my IELTS for 28th of March. We are in Scotland at the moment I am a Secondary Teacher and my hubby is an electrician. We are planning to move to Brisbane or the Sunny Coast (recent decision after research and Skype with friends) I have been in touch with Go Matilda today. They advise that I should start my skills assessment asap! I have read nothing but positive reviews for Go Matilda and wanted to check experiences on this trusty site. We would be applying for a 189 Skilled Independent Visa. I am the main applicant as my OH doesn't fancy the IELTS exam! :mad: Would be interested to hear views on Go Matilda! If good reviews then I shall process first payment asap. wow!! After years of talking about this we are actually doing it! feeling excited and a bit scared :unsure: We are a family of three with one son aged 11 at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

Lisa x

Lots of good reviews for Go Matilda. I am just coming to the end of the process (hopefully!) and a secondary teacher so if you have any questions my experience is recent! That said there's quite a few teachers who will be more than willing to give good advice :-D

Hi everyone,

We are fairly new here! I have just booked my IELTS for 28th of March. We are in Scotland at the moment I am a Secondary Teacher and my hubby is an electrician. We are planning to move to Brisbane or the Sunny Coast (recent decision after research and Skype with friends) I have been in touch with Go Matilda today. They advise that I should start my skills assessment asap! I have read nothing but positive reviews for Go Matilda and wanted to check experiences on this trusty site. We would be applying for a 189 Skilled Independent Visa. I am the main applicant as my OH doesn't fancy the IELTS exam! :mad: Would be interested to hear views on Go Matilda! If good reviews then I shall process first payment asap. wow!! After years of talking about this we are actually doing it! feeling excited and a bit scared :unsure: We are a family of three with one son aged 11 at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

Lisa x

Hi Lisa

We're with Go Matilda on a Parent Visa 143 and wouldn't hesitate recommending them. It's great because they have offices in the UK and Oz and all are really nice and knowledgeable. We had a problem that needed sorting and they were onto it straight away. I would have been tearing my hair out because I wouldn't have had a clue what to do, so they get my vote.

Good luck with your application

best wishes

maisie

Hi Benj1980 and maisiedaisy :hug: Thanks for the replies. Benj any idea what the job situation is like in any areas of Brisbane? or Sunny Coast? even just generally speaking? I am pretty sure that is who we should go with. We actually were about to start this process in 2013 but due to family circumstances it had to be put on the backburner. We had only discussed with Go Matilda the last time and they were fab and gave us lots of info. Now we are actually progressing and have booked the IELTS and will process first payment soon I think. Have a different question? how do you get the footnote on your page? Go Matilda said I need 7s in every category of the IELTS exam to gain 10 points. I have 55 a the moment so that would take me to 65.

Thanks for replies :wink:

Another question Benj1980? How long did the AITSL assessment take? And did you have to tell your current school about your plans? I was thinking it was a wee bit early for that at the moment? :huh:

Hi Benj1980 and maisiedaisy :hug: Thanks for the replies. Benj any idea what the job situation is like in any areas of Brisbane? or Sunny Coast? even just generally speaking? I am pretty sure that is who we should go with. We actually were about to start this process in 2013 but due to family circumstances it had to be put on the backburner. We had only discussed with Go Matilda the last time and they were fab and gave us lots of info. Now we are actually progressing and have booked the IELTS and will process first payment soon I think. Have a different question? how do you get the footnote on your page? Go Matilda said I need 7s in every category of the IELTS exam to gain 10 points. I have 55 a the moment so that would take me to 65.

Thanks for replies :wink:

Hi Lisa

Can't help with AITSL thingy but I can tell you how to put the footnote on - top of the page on the right hand side is settings, click on that, and then left hand side of the page you'll see if you scroll down 'edit signature' - that's where you put it on ;-)

maisie

Another question Benj1980? How long did the AITSL assessment take? And did you have to tell your current school about your plans? I was thinking it was a wee bit early for that at the moment? :huh:

If you wish to gain extra points due to your current work experience then you will need to tell the school. However I used my last school as it was 3 years worth of experience and didn't need to bother my current employer for the extra 5 points, hope this makes sense. I received my AITSL back in just under 10 weeks, they target 10 weeks for turnaround.

I don't know anything about jobs Brisbane way, but others do on here. What's your subject?

Thank Maisie! I will get on to that - I have been trying to work out how to do it. Benj - thanks! Go Matilda reckoned it could take up to 3 months. I am Social Subjects at the moment I teach Politics and History have also taught geography, RE and PHSE. I am a Principal Teacher of Pupil Support and have been for 6 years. I know I will have to probably settle for supply work until I get my face known etc... Hopefully my OH will pick up work quickly :daydreaming: What do you teach?

We are also using GM. I have dealt with Maria, Wendy and Alex. They are on the ball and emails send are replied to the same day during business hours. When I have phoned the office they have remained very professional at all times. I am so glad that I made the decision to use them, the decision was made following reviews here on POI.

Good luck with your visa

Would also recommend them, they are professional, Alan seems to work all hours (and for me their office is just down the road making it simple to deliver documents to them)

Awaiting Skills Assessment at the moment - counting the days for it to be done,

Jon :)

Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for the replies :wink: We have just transferred the first payment to Go Matilda! So it loos like we are finally going ahead with this plan. So much to do! Head feels a bit like:wacko:

Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for the replies :wink: We have just transferred the first payment to Go Matilda! So it loos like we are finally going ahead with this plan. So much to do! Head feels a bit like:wacko:

Welcome to the waiting room and good luck with your application

best wishes

maisie

Welcome to the waiting room and good luck with your application

best wishes

maisie

Hi Maisie

Thanks! not quite sure how long the whole process will take need to keep plugging away - my skills assessment is first on the list. I think 'Joe' at Go Matilda will help me with that and Marina is my case officer :wink: Too much 'thinking' time is never good for me! :confused: ha ha!

Lisa

Hi there

Hoping to go to Bribie Island, Queensland, (North of Brisbane), have two gorgeous grandchildren waiting for us :-)

maisie

That is a good start to have some contacts there. My cousin is in Cairns at the moment and moving to the Sunshine Coast next year. It will really depend on Job situation for an electrician and a Secondary Teacher? from what I am reading the Teaching situation isn't great :dull: might need to research a lot more in this area to find the best prospects of finding work.

Lisa

• 10 months later...

Archived