DeFacto Help!

seanm87

After reading the DeFacto information on the immi website my understanding is that it is a 12 month relationship and you must be living together but there is no specification on how long you have to be living together. I've heard different things from different people a few saying you have to be living together and have joint bank account and bills for at least 6 months. Can anybody shed some light on this please?

thanks,

sean

Does anybody know if there is a way around the 12 months living together? If living apart do phone records and holidays count? Also would working away on the same mine sites count?

That depends. If you moved in together (and can prove it) a year ago, but have had to spend time apart due to work etc, that can be taken into account.

There can be some consideration for needing to live apart temporarily if it's for a good reason, but it would be after you starting living together (e.g. live together 9 months and then apart for 3 due to need to return home for family medical situation). You can't consider dating before living together as part of your de facto relationship.