Nurse Salary

JULIE RYCROFT

It depends on individual circumstances of the job the employer, and the employee. How tight the employer and how good the negotiating skills of the employee. I know of circumstances in the same hospital where one nurse had her UK qualifications and band recognised yet another didn't, both interviewed by the same board but for different wards.............I guess that one ward was in budget and the other was over or pushing it.

Thanks guys. I'll have to talk to them. Just feel like a step back when ur middle band 6 in the UK.

Why would it be a step back if you were given a 1.6? I went from being a band 7 (G grade) in the UK to working as a 1.9 on the ward here to get my foot in the door.

Is there an easy way to understand the bands in Australia?

My wife @robley got her 1st degree (B.A. Nursing Studies) 19 years ago, working various different ward jobs in the hospital - then 14 years ago she did another degree (MSc - Applied Community & Health Studies) - and has worked as a district Nurse since then in a few roles, as a caseload manager and team leader (Band 6 and 7) - but we haven't (as yet) worked out what the similar or equivalent jobs are over there. It might not be possible to get work at the same level/pay grade as she hest in the UK, but it would be nice to get as near as possible. It would also be a good idea if we learned as much about the Australian system now before we arrive in early July.

It seems the system is pretty different - does anyone know any good resources to look into this, grades and pay scales?

Thanks

The Roberts family

Im with you on that one Matthew, im confused with the pay scale, im better just asking the employers rather than letting it play on my mind, So ur going in July, im looking at September, where are you going

we fly on 2nd July to Sydney

It's my wife @robley who is the nurse. I need to get work as a graphic designer. Lots to do still, but it will all need to get sorted (especially as we have invested a load of time and money, booked flights, sent money to our Australian bank a/c already... so we are plenty committed! yikes)

Where are you off to?

I'm a staff nurse at the top of the band 5 pay scale. I have 4 years experience in medical assessment, 2 years PACU, and 1 year ITU. I don't understand the ban dings over there either. Hoping to move to canberra in the summer so if anyone can give me an idea of the type of job level I can apply for I'd be grateful.

cheers

WA Pay Scales (off the top of my head - so take it as an approximation)

RN - Level 1 $60,000 - $79,000 (depending which increment)

CN - Level 2 $90,000 - $95,000 (depending which increment)

SRN 2 $102,000

SRN 3, $115,000

Im middle band 6 in trauma and ortho, almost 9 years experience, Im happily going as a band 5 tho, dont want sisters post, my friend who also worked there said they will pay by length of service and experience, which im glad of, cause she came back from Oz and had to start from the bottom in the uk

• 1 month later...

Archived