Pre Kindy and Kindergarten anyone interested

LinseyLoo

To all parents in Northern parts of Perth WA,

I would like feedback from anyone who is interested in a curriculum based Preschool in Northern Perth? I am a qualified primary school teacher and would like to open a new preschool near Joondalup. This would open for 2 year olds to 4 years olds.

The proposed hours will be 9:00 – 11:30 or 12:00 – 2:30 or a full session from 9:00 – 4:30.

The Preschool will be open for 48 weeks a year. I'm just looking at the general idea if there is a need in this area. So fees will be low as possible.

I believe that play is essential in the lives of young children. My kindy program is play-based and references the “The Early Years Learning Framework”. I will create a safe environment to allow the children to develop their ability to apply their knowledge, skills and understanding independently. I believe that play is fun and exciting, enabling children to explore, solve problems and be hands on.

At the kindergarten the program will be based around each individual child achieving at their own level at their own pace in a friendly, warm and vibrant setting.

Please feel free to contact me and express your interest in attending the preschool.

Linsey Williams

Edited by LinseyLoo
removed personal details as per forum rules

so about the same cost as daycare but a lot less hours. What benefits would a child have coming to your preschool rather than a daycare centre? Would parents be able to use their CCR? Do you have a building for the pre school or would it be in your home? What will your child to staff ratio be?

Hi thanks for asking. Yes the hours would be less and the ratio would be lower rather than higher than a daycare. So maybe I would look into opening for longer? I'm currently looking into converting part of the house to hiring a building. I guess this is my first base in asking questions and what parents need. Yes I would also look into providing CCR. The kindergarten would be small and so will be the ratio 5 - 1.

Hi thanks for asking. Yes the hours would be less and the ratio would be lower rather than higher than a daycare. So maybe I would look into opening for longer? I'm currently looking into converting part of the house to hiring a building. I guess this is my first base in asking questions and what parents need. Yes I would also look into providing CCR. The kindergarten would be small and so will be the ratio 5 - 1.

Are you aware of the stringent regulations in Australia for what you are proposing?

• 4 weeks later...

Are you Early Childhood trained? Primary education is not the same. An early childhood qualification is essential for what you are proposing.

Edited by Sammy1

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Guest55385

We moved from Perth to Brisbane. When I was in Perth the single greatest, most annoying thing ever was the ridiculous hours that kindies offered.

I just don't get why?? Why offer such a limited amount of hours. It was such a great relief when my kids came to Brisbane and they had kindy all day.

We moved from Perth to Brisbane. When I was in Perth the single greatest, most annoying thing ever was the ridiculous hours that kindies offered.

I just don't get why?? Why offer such a limited amount of hours. It was such a great relief when my kids came to Brisbane and they had kindy all day.

Each school is different, it has nothing to do with Perth. Some schools offer two full days a week and some four half days. Half a day is quite enough for most three and four year olds to contend with. This also allows schools to be able to offer kindy to a variety of children and in greater numbers.

Kindy based daycare is of course available all day, every day, but it is not based in a school.

Dear Linsey Loo

Hi, I am Asher from Pakistan and in the middle of the immigration process. I have got positive assessment form VETASSESS. Just want to ask how long and what steps are left after getting the positive assessment from VESTASSESS. Also is it easy process to get your children enrolled in kindergarten schools. Thanks

Kind Regards

Asher Moon Bhatti