190 visa - Is AUD 2200 crazy for agent for final stages ???

squeakf99

Hi squeakf99,

I prepared the entire application for 489 myself, right from skills assessment to visa application. The process is not complicated at all and I found pomsinoz to be the most helpful website, why waste your 2200$ for paperwork that you can do yourself.

I will just wait for the skills assessment in case it's negative. I will also keep trying for the job offer and see if I can get annother agent to offer me a cheaper rate foor a "no visa, no fee". I'm waiting on a contract from True Blue, they said it will be a refund if I don't get the nomination.

From my readings over my time on PIO.... I'd say any visa application is easy enough to do yourself.... Until it all goes wrong.

There are so many sad stories of people mucking up applications because of avoidable mistakes and relyang on incorrect information (which has often been given with the best of intentions but still incorrect) and had their dreams scuppered only to have to start allover, thousands of pounds out of pocket.

Get as many possible quotes and initial assessments as possible, never just go with a 'good mara'... Go with who you feel knows what they're doing, you feel you will work well with...and has an almost perfect (or perfect!) success rate.

I would never advise anyone to go it alone... Now that I know personally what a minefield it is.

I guess you should just ask yourself... Are your plans so important that you'd risk doing it yourself... And possibly losing lots of money, or would you rather have an extra outlay for more security.

That's just my personal opinion... And I only say it with the best, and kindest meaning.. I'd hate hate hate anyone to be gutted at being refused because I know how much is weighted on these things....it becomes your whole life to get there! Xx

Thanks Jodi Podi. I am really really relying on this state nomination so I will at least have an agent check all my document before applying. I have contacted many more today and will try select the best one. I spoke to Australia here we come and they said despite the migration office saying I don't need a job offer, they don't my chances are very slim without one. Even if I move to Victoria before applying they may think I only moved to apply so it's very hard to know what to do.

Does anyone know what qualifies as a job offer? Does it need to be a full work contract or does a letter or email stating the terms of employment along with company details and ABN suffice?

Edited by squeakf99
typo

Hiya Squeak... Any agent worth their salt will be able to tell you all these things, there are different requirements for different states, for different jobs etc.....I think....job offers are usually required to be full time, however double check with someone in the know.

You never know you might have other options available to you that you dont realise or havnt explored.

All the best of luck with it all...if you don't give up that's your best chance of getting there, but an agent will certainly help massively... They'll give you a plan if there is one xx

Hiya Squeak... Any agent worth their salt will be able to tell you all these things, there are different requirements for different states, for different jobs etc.....I think....job offers are usually required to be full time, however double check with someone in the know.

The job offer should be full-time for at least six months in the the field of my qualification assessment.

I will definitely get help from an agent to at least check my documents anyway. Fingerscrossed it all works out!

• 1 year later...

Hi Squeak99,

How did it all work out for you? I'm in a similar situation, overseas phd applying for victoria nomination for a 190 without a job offer in the state.

I'm particularly interested in whether you were given the fast-track 2 weeks processing time because of the phd? How did you convince the state you'd stay in VIC? Did you stay in VIC?

Thanks for the info and I hope everything went well !! :)

Cheers

Alice

PS: The migration agent is quoting me

$2,500 professional fees for the 190 application

+ $1,000 prof. fees for the skills assessment (not straight forward because my phd is in applied economics which is practically just applied statistics but I need to get qualified as statistician because economist isn't on their skills list)

+ $500 prof fees for the state nomination

+ $1,000 for the EOI preparation and submission

____

$5,000 only for professional fees for the complete 190 application.

The job offer should be full-time for at least six months in the the field of my qualification assessment.

I will definitely get help from an agent to at least check my documents anyway. Fingerscrossed it all works out!