Visa Granted Today Now Just Need House to Sell!!!!!

Guest Anita

We've just checked our emails and isn't it just the way that when you stop waiting for something it turns up in your inbox!

Our visa was granted today! That's 6 months and 14 days since we received our acknowledgement. All we need now is the house to sell and we're off! Is anyone interested in a 4 bed detached house with conservatory & garage? :wink:

Anita x

We've just checked our emails and isn't it just the way that when you stop waiting for something it turns up in your inbox!

Our visa was granted today! That's 6 months and 14 days since we received our acknowledgement. All we need now is the house to sell and we're off! Is anyone interested in a 4 bed detached house with conservatory & garage? :wink:

Anita x

Yay! Congratulations!

I think we're finally getting somewhere too - Adelaide were informed on the 4th that Centrelink are happy (finally) with our assurance of support, so - as far as I can tell - we should be down to the last few days.

And only....... ten months, two weeks and three sodding days since we lodged :(

Gaaaaah!

Choobs

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Anita

Great news. Hope that your house sale will go smoothly for you.

All the best in your new life in Oz

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Choobs

You should get your visas any day now and more than likely by the end of the week, I would think, unless your CO is away on holiday or something.

E-mailing the CO asking when the visa is likely to be granted sometimes has the effect of getting it granted the same day as you ask. It did with my Mum's visa recently.

Best of luck and don't forget to let us know when the magic e-mail arrives.

Cheers to you both

Gill

Guest Missiemo
Hi Choobs

You should get your visas any day now and more than likely by the end of the week, I would think, unless your CO is away on holiday or something.

E-mailing the CO asking when the visa is likely to be granted sometimes has the effect of getting it granted the same day as you ask. It did with my Mum's visa recently.

Best of luck and don't forget to let us know when the magic e-mail arrives.

Cheers to you both

Gill

Hi Choobs

We also did what Gill advised, I know you are not supposed to email them, but the following day we got the yes.

Good Luck

Mo

Guest the man from grand

hi there anita great news and good luck in australia. if you are coming to Adelaide and need a car come look me up i can help with all your needs http://www.grandnissan.com.au and my direct email is used@grandnissan.com.au look forward to hearing from you very soon take care, all the best from the man at grand..... craig turner

Thanks everyone for your messages.

It's not quite sunk in yet & to be honest our parents were a bit subdued when we told them so that kind of put a little bit of a dampener on things but we're going to have a take away & nice bottle of wine tonight to celebrate! On the plus side though our 4 year old is pleased and can't wait to go....not sure she realises she won't be coming back yet!!

We have someone coming to look at the house on Friday so who knows maybe it's our lucky week this week :)

Good luck to all those still waiting.

Anita x

Cheers Ali, We're just opening the first bottle of wine!

Choobs..it's taken approx 3 weeks since our assurors lodged the bond for us to get our visa so yours should be any day now hopefully. I've followed your posts ever since I joined this site as we were applying for the same visa....I never thought we would have our visa before you.....I'm keeping everything crossed you'll have it in a few days.

Anita x

Cheers Ali, We're just opening the first bottle of wine!

Choobs..it's taken approx 3 weeks since our assurors lodged the bond for us to get our visa so yours should be any day now hopefully. I've followed your posts ever since I joined this site as we were applying for the same visa....I never thought we would have our visa before you.....I'm keeping everything crossed you'll have it in a few days.

Anita x

We had a bit of a delay with Centrelink - our meds, police checks etc have all been with the case officer for eight weeks, but Centrelink asked our assurer for this year's tax return and then the accountant "forgot to send it in", which caused the delay. HOPEFULLY we're getting there, though :)

Choobs

Guest ANDY101

Hi Anita - great news!

We've just put in our main application (47SK etc). What kind of visa did you apply for? We're keen to get some idea of how long the wait might be!

Well done again

Andy

Thanks again for your good wishes. We had a viewing on the house today that went well so you never know maybe they will like it enough to buy :D

Hi Andy, we applied for a 138 skilled sponsored visa and it took 6 months & 14 days from date of application receipt to date visa was issued. I'm not sure if this is slow or quick in the scheme of things but it was certainly quicker than we anticipated.

Good luck with your application

Anita x

Archived