started work as a sparky yesterday

bettyboo

I found them on the net as PDF's along with a bunch of other stuff like the Verification guide lines , Selection of cables and of course the Wiring rules and down loaded them I then put them in iBooks on my iPad and now I have them for free with a basic search facility . Simples .

http://www.acima.asn.au/downlights/secret/3000.pdf

Now if I could just get some one to give this level of genius an apprenticeship despite my age that would be terrific .

Thanks for the reply's. I am working as a spark $38.00 an hour mainly domestic but pretty easy to pick up just different names for things but the work is full on quick break and that's it but the day fly's by. Couple of other new starters just back from the QLD mines earned $180000 last year me thinks i need to get all qualifications as soon as, i am working on a training permit and will ring TAFE tomorrow about courses etc, paid my own lv rescue and cpr course and did white card online all pretty straight forward. Funny i submitted cv to about 20 company's online ( nothing ) first job i rang i got.

Where abouts in Queensland are you working? I'm looking at moving to the Gold Coast in July/August. Why did they leave the lines when they were on that much? I've looked into some of the mine work. Some of the rotas they work seem pretty full on, 3/4 weeks on with 1 off. Don't think I'd fancy that, but would work 2/2. Yeah it's a bit of a ball ache getting all your quals. Good news you got some work though!

I get the impression with the mines that there is not many 2 on 2 off rotas, but the guys i work with got laid off before Christmas. There are jobs there and another spark i work with goes end of Jan 4 weeks on i week off 6 days a week 12 hours a day + takes 1 and a half hours to get to the site but you can earn the money. All my work is from surfers up to Brissy and i get picked up and dropped off so all good at the moment.

Thanks for the reply's. I am working as a spark $38.00 an hour mainly domestic but pretty easy to pick up just different names for things but the work is full on quick break and that's it but the day fly's by. Couple of other new starters just back from the QLD mines earned $180000 last year me thinks i need to get all qualifications as soon as, i am working on a training permit and will ring TAFE tomorrow about courses etc, paid my own lv rescue and cpr course and did white card online all pretty straight forward. Funny i submitted cv to about 20 company's online ( nothing ) first job i rang i got.

Well done and congratulations. My son is a sparkie and one of the things that's a big break is he got a XR6 Turbo Ute and could claim all the running expenses on his tax rebate. He got $18,000 back one year.:eek: The accountant asked him how much interest he paid on his loan, my son didn't have a clue so the accountant worked it out for him and he came back with a big smile on his face.

I get the impression with the mines that there is not many 2 on 2 off rotas, but the guys i work with got laid off before Christmas. There are jobs there and another spark i work with goes end of Jan 4 weeks on i week off 6 days a week 12 hours a day + takes 1 and a half hours to get to the site but you can earn the money. All my work is from surfers up to Brissy and i get picked up and dropped off so all good at the moment.

My son is just changing his FIFO job. He had a 8 days on 6 days off swing but the job he's going to will be 2 weeks on one off swing but for $1,000 more a week. I'm sure he'll find it tough at first though.

Would you be able to email me with the contact details your working for or your details? Plan to head out in August so be good to get as many contacts as possible be over I do.

Aaron, yes it is a worry as every job on-line says must have licence etc. You will deffo need low voltage / cpr coarse $80.00 and white construction card ( you can do that on-line for $49.00 the company i used was http://www.eot.edu.au ) you should be able to do that in uk and you don't pay till you pass but to be honest you can't really fail as all info is there. I think there's a lot of work but as any where you need a little luck or know someone especially on the bigger jobs

Archived