Child care Centre Manager for Migration

auschef

Hello My Name is Amani,

I have a high school certificate and 7 years of experience in Child care.

When I thought about migrating to Australia, few agents told me I would require a degree or a diploma pertaining to child care. but a few of my friends have already migrated only with high school certificate.

Please help.. as its urgent and I'm looking to migrate asap.

Child Care Centre Manager (134111) is an ANZSCO Skill Level 1 occupation so the minimum educational requirement for any visa requiring skills assessment is a relevant degree plus three years of full-time (or equivalent part-time) paid employment as a Child Care Centre Manager of a substantial centre. You may get away with lower qualifications if you have employer sponsorship for a 457 visa but I doubt if a high school certificate and 7 years experience in child care would be enough.

• 3 months later...

I am also looking to go down this route in order to emigrate to oz. I have my level 3 and I've just completed my first year of a early years degree. I currently work as a childminder and work in a nursery 2 days per week. Once I have completed my 4 year degree will this be enough to get the visa. Thanks

I am also looking to go down this route in order to emigrate to oz. I have my level 3 and I've just completed my first year of a early years degree. I currently work as a childminder and work in a nursery 2 days per week. Once I have completed my 4 year degree will this be enough to get the visa. Thanks

What occupation are you thinking of?

Looking at childcare centre manager, I also have a good chance of being sponsored but ideally would like the permanant resident visa. Just want to make sure my degree will be recognised. Thanks

But from what you have said, you won't meet the work experience requirements, so it doesn't matter if your degree is accepted. You might be eligible for sponsorship on a temporary visa, do you have opportunities identified? I always thought there was a lot of competition for jobs working with children.

But from what you have said, you won't meet the work experience requirements, so it doesn't matter if your degree is accepted. You might be eligible for sponsorship on a temporary visa, do you have opportunities identified? I always thought there was a lot of competition for jobs working with children.

My plan is to work in a nursery full time this September (when my daughter starts school) and then I have 3 years to work my way up and get the experiance I need. I have some contacts in brisbane, a couple of which run daycare centres and manage them. They have said once I get my degree and relevant experiance they would be willing to sponsor me

My plan is to work in a nursery full time this September (when my daughter starts school) and then I have 3 years to work my way up and get the experiance I need. I have some contacts in brisbane, a couple of which run daycare centres and manage them. They have said once I get my degree and relevant experiance they would be willing to sponsor me

Doesn't your work experience have to be as a Child Care Manager? And don't these friends have to pass the paperwork to sponsor and also prove they have been unable to fill the position locally? I think you need to speak with an Agent before you make anymore choices on your future.

I think you need to add on a few years to your long term plan, simply because you need the experience as a child care centre manager.

Do you know how many years experiance I need as a manager? As far as I know if you have a degree it's 2 years is that correct?

Its 3 years as a manager and only work experience carried out AFETR getting the degree counts. Childcare in Oz is really competitive.

I don't think that is completely corrected, having spoke to an agent yesterday it's 3 years, voluntary or paid, of which 12 months has to be full time paid work, and this will be counted before or after the degree. For anyone looking to go down this route

I don't think that is completely corrected, having spoke to an agent yesterday it's 3 years, voluntary or paid, of which 12 months has to be full time paid work, and this will be counted before or after the degree. For anyone looking to go down this route

Your job role's assessing authority is trades recognition Australia. While I am not a child care manager I am a tradie..... let me assure you a TRA assessment is not as straightforward as your agents has made out. Certainly regarding the unpaid/volunteer work experience advice. May I give you some serious advice for your route speak to trades recognition Australia regarding the process of a skills assessment for the role you intend to train for. For an out right skills assessment with TRA it is 3 years experience after the qualification and it has to be paid and at the skill level i.e a manager. But you may even need to do the job ready programme for your role i don't know... that is a tad complex. Please do speak to TRA before you decide anything.

Also forums advise of the security of the route you are taking so i would like to do the same. The SOL and CSOL are the associated VISA requirements change every year. The role may not be available once you have done your degree or you may not be eligible by then. Please try to focus on a job you actually want to do rather than a job to get into oz with. It is going to be very costly and time consuming only to find out it is removed from the lists.

http://www.tradesrecognitionaustralia.gov.au/Programs/Migration/Pages/Eligibility.aspx

I am very dubious about that advice. In the immigration processes, work experience should be full time and paid as far as I am aware.

This is all so confusing!! I'm going to be in Brisbane for 3 weeks in October and have some employers lined up to meet so hopefully I will get more of a insight then. Working with children is the career I want to work in regardless if we stay in the uk or come over to Oz so will not be a waste of time either way. A friend of mine moved out to Oz a couple of years back as a childcare centre manager and she didn't have a degree and went on the sponsorship visa so will have to find out a bit more about that. Will update you if I get anymore info

This is all so confusing!! I'm going to be in Brisbane for 3 weeks in October and have some employers lined up to meet so hopefully I will get more of a insight then. Working with children is the career I want to work in regardless if we stay in the uk or come over to Oz so will not be a waste of time either way. A friend of mine moved out to Oz a couple of years back as a childcare centre manager and she didn't have a degree and went on the sponsorship visa so will have to find out a bit more about that. Will update you if I get anymore info

It is very complicated :(

Well if you want to work with kids as a career and want a degree either way that that is brill go for it. But I would definatly speak with TRA about the skills assessment. Your friend could have been work sponsored but the rules change annually so there is every chance a degree wasn't required then. Literally even July they up their game. It gets tougher and tougher. Also employer sponsored is not permanent so it depends on how secure you want to live in Oz.

Please speak to TRA during your research and good luck :)

• 2 weeks later...

So I contacted TRA as advised and I thought I would share some of the info. Looks like the minimum qualification for childcare centre manager is a diploma in early childhood and care. I have level 3 CACHE diploma for the children and young peoples workforce (QCF) so now trying to find out if this is the equivalent? So if I can get the work experience then hopefully having a degree in early years will be a bonus. I have copied below some of the info from TRA for anyone who is interested.

An overseas qualification may be comparable to the relevant AQF qualification for the occupation of Child Care Centre Manager if the qualification:

Is at a comparable level to an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) qualification level III or above. (note for a Child Care Centre Manager the minimum requirement is an AQF Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care),

Is relevant to the nominated occupation and includes a range of competencies/subjects directly related to the nominated occupation, and

was issued an institution/organisation that is quality assured by a government agency with responsibility for vocational education and training in the country where the qualification was issued.

The TRA Migration Skills Assessment Applicant Guidelines requires you to supply evidence of studies and competencies undertaken as part of your program from the institution that awarded the qualification. TRA compares qualifications issued overseas to the relevant Australian Training Package qualification for the nominated occupation when determining relevance. To do this, TRA requires the qualification and the accompanying academic transcript to be provided in the application.

TRA refers to a number of Australian and international government and other authoritative sources when assessing the level of a qualification.

TRA cannot provide advice about the likely comparability of a specific qualification to the relevant AQF qualification in Australia without conducting an assessment, and for this to occur an application would need to be lodged with TRA.

You can submit an AQF qualification obtained through study or via recognition of prior learning.

Archived