Partner Visa Subclass 309 Visa Lodge - December 2014

nadini777

Hi all,

I submitted my partner visa in December. Thought it would be useful to open this thread so that we can see each other's progress. I've completed my medical but the site has not been updated yet. Please update this thread when you get an update, I will do the same.

Cheers!

Hi all,

I submitted my partner visa in December. Thought it would be useful to open this thread so that we can see each other's progress. I've completed my medical but the site has not been updated yet. Please update this thread when you get an update, I will do the same.

Cheers!

Hi, lodged ours 30th December, Can i ask why have you already done your meds so early?

Hi, yes i got the same, but its always there, My sister moved to Australia last year and thought she had to do the same thing. However we are supposed to wait for our CO to request the meds and police check. The visa entry point starts from the meds and police check and is valud for 12 months and only. So if you do the meds too early it may mean you have to do them again if your visa isnt granted in time. Apparently doubg them early will not speed up the visa grant date. Waiting times are not guaranteed to the what is advertised.

Im not trying to worry you, but am just speaking from experience.

Usually the CO asks to have meds/ police check done 4 months after lodgement.

Having said that im keen toget things moving.

regards.

Same as us then, just before the price increase. No have had no email yet, but its over Christmas nothing will probably happen till Everyones back at work. How did you manage to go for meds so quick? You probably wont see anything onyour account just yet, need to give them time to upload results.

keep in touch and lets share our progress.

Hi. Thanks so much for letting me know, I didn't know that. I hope I don't have to do it again as it wasn't fun:( Fingers crossed - I get assigned a CO and don't need to redo!

When you say it wasnt fun.....er what does that mean? I was under the impression it wasn't too invasive so to speak!!

Hi - I had the 309/100 medical late in 2013. The things that were covered are:

pee in a bottle for blood sugar test

my height measured

my weight measure

my eyes tested (reading the small letters etc)

my eyes, mouth and ears looked into

my BP taken

my blood taken

my chest and back listened to

some general prodding around - nothing bad but I have no idea what it was for!

reflexes tested

chest x-ray done (this is to check for TB I believe).

I also had something extra done - can't remember what - I think it was extra blood screening because I have got a couple of tattoos.

It's natural to be worried about these things, but it's not a big deal. It's over and done with pretty quickly, and once they have relieved you of your hard earned cash, you can carry on with the rest of your day!

Hi all,

Thought I will update on the status. Like I said before, I did my medical (prior to a CO being assigned) and the site has got updated that the medical is finalized. I do realize that I may need to do it again but just wanted to keep you all informed.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Any update anyone? I was asked to submit my original police clearance to the High Commission but didn't hear anything after that. Would anyone know where spouse visa is processed? In Australia or off-shore (where the applicant is residing)?

Thanks!

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/58449-summary-spouse-visa-processing-times-offshore-uk-please-add-your-stats.html

there is a thread running already for Partner visa applications.

partner applications are now taking 10-14 months to process, with increased costs on 1 jan and rush to get application submitted I imagine it could be greater than 10 months. CO have been requesting people to go their medicals 3 months after lodging applications so they have not expired before granting, so people have time to make first entry to validate the visas,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, We did the 309 by ourselves, Once youve absorbed what needs to be done and with a little help from folk on here, the app went smoothly. We got everything together for scanning and had a CO in 3 weeks asking for us to book meds at end of May. It wasnt as daunting as we had thought and we saved a wad not using an agent.

Hi, We did the 309 by ourselves, Once youve absorbed what needs to be done and with a little help from folk on here, the app went smoothly. We got everything together for scanning and had a CO in 3 weeks asking for us to book meds at end of May. It wasnt as daunting as we had thought and we saved a wad not using an agent.

ah ats great and wish you the best of luck with it.yea the application is very daunting and sometimes confusing.we have jst been assigned a CO so thats good.we are jst geting things together for scanning and i been told to go for medical start of july

Archived