2015 Places to visit and day trips in Western Australia

HappyHeart

@HappyHeart! Many apologies, in my excitement about WA I didn't read properly Dooh!! Wave Rock does tend to get a bad rep and it's a bloomin long way but I found it pretty exciting although I was having a night over on way to Esperance, not sure I'd have been quite so excited after 6 hours there facing 6 hours back an hour later!!!

Another recommended place is Harvey. Beef producing region, Donnybrook is not far away either, apple producing region, cute, very cute town. Harvey Dam is amazing and has a great bbq and kids play area facility.

Was very close to Harvey today, it's on the list!!

Was very close to Harvey today, it's on the list!!

It's well worth it. We ended up there by mistake on way back from Margaret River when I was driving...ooopsie...we were bound for Donnybrook but ended up in Harvey...after 10km or more on an unsealed road after I took a wrong turn....boneshaker as we dont have a 4WD! OH does all the holiday driving now;)

Bunbury must be good.. I know someone who's spent most of their backpacking time there

My very wonderful friend was back packing and in Bunbury met a local lad who 15 years later she is very happily married to with 2 amazing kids :wink:, and, he's a pretty awesome guy too!!

Ooh just a quick one. If you anyone does check out Mandurah. Try renting a motor boat for an hour. You don't need a skippers licence and it cost just $50 plus deposit. It's a gorgeous hour pootling around the canals. We've done it four times now and each time the Dolphins have swam right up to the boat. If your feeling more energetic you can also hire out kayaks too.

Ooh. Thanks for the suggestion. I will do that and soon.

Not a day out....but a lovely trip away is Shark Bay, its a world heritage site...totally stunning, and home to the gorgeous dolphins of Monkey Mia.

Some great suggestions for a day out have already been posted, just a couple more from me. Point Walter on the Swan River, very family orientated spot, spot dolphins, take a walk along the sand bar, then round the corner and watch the daredevils jumping from the cliffs. Further down is Bicton baths, huge outdoor pool overlooking the river, open to the public for a limited time daily, or just watch the water polo. There is also some sort of geothermal type pool too, to ease your aches n strains, although I've never been in.

A place I like to go to enjoy the scenery, but still have some peace and quiet is Dawesville foreshore. Good if you've got dogs too as you can walk them from one end to the other, even off leash, no dramas. Plenty of spots for picnics too aswell as a little cafe.

If you, fancy a bit of adrenalin, then the jet boat racing at the WA water ski park in Baldivis could be an option. It holds national competitions throughout the year except winter. It's them power boats that go mega fast round small courses of water. Amazing to see. There is a cost to adults to get in, but the park in general is free, and again for those with dogs you can bring them as long as they are kept on a leash.

Archived