Visa recommendation - age 56 looking for permanency

tostar

Hi all,

I have a general question about the visa options available to my parents who are aged 56.

My father works for an Australian company who has an office in Canada - is a transfer an option at his age? He previously owned his own company and sold it for a substantial amount of money, is an investment visa an option?

Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be great.

Cheers

Hi all,

I have a general question about the visa options available to my parents who are aged 56.

My father works for an Australian company who has an office in Canada - is a transfer an option at his age? He previously owned his own company and sold it for a substantial amount of money, is an investment visa an option?

Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be great.

Cheers

Based on your past form, you ought to be able to think up a strategy blending partner visas, student visas and multiple tourist visas.

If they pass the Balance of Family test, ie at least half their children are in Australia as permanent residents, and one of them is settled, been here around 2 years, then they would be eligible for a Parent Visa. It would have to be the Contributory Parent Visa which is expensive, around 60 K for a couple currently I think and with a processing time of 18 months to 2 years.

Archived