The right visa ??

Danricho89

Impossible to say without knowing more about your circumstances. A Partner visa is a possibility if your relationship with your wife is still intact and if she is an Australian citizen or PR. A Parent visa is an outside possibility if you have plenty of money (around AUD$50,000). Otherwise, skilled immigration will be your only option but for that, you must have an eligible occupation. What is your occupation and your qualifications in that occupation?

Can I go to Australia on a holiday visa and apply for a working visa when I get there , I am 25 years old been in a de facto relationship for 8 years and have four boys 6,4, and twins of 2 my mum and step dad and two sisters live in Australia can I live with them or can they sponsor me and my family , if I go on a under 30 working visa can my de facto and 4 young sons go on a holiday visa ??? So confused ...

If you want your children to be in Australia at the same time as you, an 'under 30' (i.e. Working Holiday or Work and Holiday) visa will not be possible.

Your mother can only sponsor you if if SHE doesn't live in Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong or Brisbane and YOU must have qualifications (and probably work experience) in an occupation on the SOL.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/skilled-occupations-lists/sol.aspx The SOL

Your mother can only sponsor you if if SHE doesn't live in Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong or Brisbane

or the NSW mid-coast. Check the applicable postcodes in the relevant regulations, nothing else can be relied upon.

Check the visa processing time for a family sponsored visa. Unless processing priorities change, you will need to allow a good few years.

What skills do you have?

Look on this Skilled Occupation List (SOL): http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/skilled-occupations-lists/sol.aspx

if either of you have a skill on there, then look at what is required under the assessing authority (Google is great!)

You can also try the CSOL (Comsolidated Skilled Occupation List) for each Australian State - but you will need state sponsorship if your skill is on here but not on the SOL.

Archived