Stuck on who to fly with

Chloe Emerson

Even if you over pay for it and get a inferior service. You my friend must be a bit of a mug.

(And as I said... BA isn't british owned, it's Spanish owned).

Maybe, but I like to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem.

True maybe I pay a bit more at times, but it feels good.

Nothing to lol about.

I prefer to support a British or Australian airline if I can.

But yesterday you were saying that it was xenophobic and racist to try to support local economies and feared that doing so would lead to physical attacks on foreigners.

Perhaps if they gave better customer service people would use them more. A friend of my wife's travelled on Qantas last year. She was given a meat sandwich after having requested vegetarian. When she asked for it to be changed she was told to bite around the meat. Contrast that with the impeccable service Singapore have given my family and there is no competition. The last Western airline I travelled on was Canadian in 2004 and even asking for a Pepsi half way into the flight was too much effort and induced eye-rolling from the stewardess. They have competition now, and they're losing.

One of my partner's friends used to manage the Qantas operation at Brisbane Airport and he told her that "never apologise, never explain" was unofficial company policy. I flew with them once and that was enough. The attitude of staff was very much "take it or leave it," which isn't good enough in my book. Singapore and Cathay Pacific leave them standing.

Oh that's even better... although was fine for me and Hubby not sure if when we take the kids we would want such a short stop over x

I agree. When I travel on my own I want as short a stop as possible. But with the little one in tow I want a few hours so she has time to let off some steam and burn some energy.

• 3 weeks later...
Nothing to lol about.

I prefer to support a British or Australian airline if I can.

As has already been pointed out BA is owned by International Airlines Group registered in Spain and Qantas is still doing its best to change the law so it can be foreign owned...

Archived