CPA or ACCA - which one will help me more to immigrate to Australia from Egypt

MGadAllah

Hi

I am Mohamed GadAllah from EGYPT - Cairo.

I would like to immigrate to Australia from Egypt and would like to know which one of them would help more in the immigration application.

I've a bachelor of science from faculty of commerce from ain shams university in accounting.

Thanks a lot :)

Hi

I am Mohamed GadAllah from EGYPT - Cairo.

I would like to immigrate to Australia from Egypt and would like to know which one of them would help more in the immigration application.

I've a bachelor of science from faculty of commerce from ain shams university in accounting.

Thanks a lot :)

From what you have posted, your qualification would be assessed as comparable to an Australian degree.

Of the relevant assessing bodies for accountants; CPA/ICAA/IPA we use ICAA for various reasons.

May I suggest that before you commit to a course of action, you take advice about whether the content of your degree is acceptable for a pre-migration assessment in accounting (or a closely related occupation) and an assessment of your work experience?

Thanks a lot for fast replying.

From what you have posted, your qualification would be assessed as comparable to an Australian degree.
You mean as a normal Australian bachelor degree :) , that would be awesome in that case.
Of the relevant assessing bodies for accountants; CPA/ICAA/IPA we use ICAA for various reasons.
This is the place where I will send my transcript details to be assessed ?
May I suggest that before you commit to a course of action, you take advice about whether the content of your degree is acceptable for a pre-migration assessment in accounting (or a closely related occupation) and an assessment of your work experience?
I've about 8 years of working experience in the accounting filed.

You mean I should submit an assessment for my educational qualification before I start doing anything?

Thanks a lot for fast replying.

You mean as a normal Australian bachelor degree :) , that would be awesome in that case.

This is the place where I will send my transcript details to be assessed ?

I've about 8 years of working experience in the accounting filed.

You mean I should submit an assessment for my educational qualification before I start doing anything?

I strongly suggest you consult a registered migration agent for a preliminary assessment of your case. I expect that a detailed assessment would subsequently be required, which would attract a charge, alternatively you could apply to one of the assessing bodies for a skills assessment assessment as an accountant and see what happens.

I strongly suggest you consult a registered migration agent for a preliminary assessment of your case.
Honestly it is very expensive to go through the immigration agent process as it will cost me about 5000 usd plus the immigration fees itself for me and my family plus the fees I am going to pay as well for the study whether it is CPA or ACCA.

By the way I was goggling yesterday after your reply and realized that ACCA is high appreciated in Australia and Canada and also the CIA is recognized without any assessment if I am not mistaken.

I expect that a detailed assessment would subsequently be required, which would attract a charge
Assessment by the immigration agent or buy the ICAA?

alternatively you could apply to one of the assessing bodies for a skills assessment assessment as an accountant and see what happens.
May you clear your point :)

Or you mean these institutes mentioned here:-

http://www.immi.gov.au/faqs/Pages/how-do-i-get-a-skills-assessment.aspx

May I suggest that you obtain a quote for an opinion from a registered migration agent?

Here in EGYPT agents do not tell you exact details and exact steps unless you make a contract with him and pay 50% of the fees which is 2500 $ out of 5000 $ and this is why I am trying to do it in my own to save the money and also I've read in several places that I can do it in my own without any agents and there are a lot of successful stories but you only need to know the details.

This is why I am here trying to find help from nice people like you and other members around the forum :)

I'm ACCA and it has been OK for me here, what I would suggest though is thoroughly access if there is work here for you, I came 4 years ago, my visa was fast tracked as a critical skill yet I struggled to find work with 20 years experience. The job notifications I get in my inbox are about 25% less for Perth than 4 years ago

I'm ACCA and it has been OK for me here, what I would suggest though is thoroughly access if there is work here for you, I came 4 years ago, my visa was fast tracked as a critical skill yet I struggled to find work with 20 years experience. The job notifications I get in my inbox are about 25% less for Perth than 4 years ago

This is why I have put my move back by a year.. to give myself more of a comfort blanket with extra savings in case it takes a while to find a job. I'm CIMA Qualified so different roles but I'm still expecting that first job to take some time to come through.

Lack of aussie experience on top of a reducing demand is going to make things a bit more difficult.

Would never consider not coming though just because of a tough job market.

Assessment by CPA costs around $400 .. that would be a wise first step.. why pay an agent thousands of dollars... It isn't necessary. Certainly not yet anyway. Get your qualifications assessed.. find out if you need to do anything else to satisfy the skills requirement.

What about $180 for a professional assessment and advice?

May I suggest that you refrain from offering advice about matters in which you are not informed?

What about $180 for a professional assessment and advice?

May I suggest that you refrain from offering advice about matters in which you are not informed?

He said his agent wanted to charge 50% upfront on a $5000 fee...

If your ACCA there really is no need to consult an agent prior to your skills assessment. Afterwards, maybe.. depending on your situation. For a simple application.. no need at all.

May I suggest you recomend him a new agent ;-)

Now that assessing authorities assess both qualifications and employment experience, the skills assessment is the cornerstone of a skilled visa application.

There are very important distinctions between employment which is considered “skilled”, “relevant” and “closely related”. A mistake at the assessment stage can prove costly at the visa stage.

Some of the most difficult skilled applications I deal with, are the ones where candidates have done their own skills assessments.

You certainly cannot. You cannot even find out whether you hold a recognised degree (step 1) let alone whether the content satisfies applicable criteria (step 2)

But don't the CPA do that as part of the migration Assessment? Which is the information I linked to.

I know they assessed my UK qualifications.

But don't the CPA do that as part of the migration Assessment? Which is the information I linked to.

I know they assessed my UK qualifications.

The various accounting skills assessing bodies will consult the CEP (search this with Google) for the comparability of an academic qualification, which is not worth the cost of an assessment fee.

Work experience is not a criterion for accountants relying on a degree. An assessment of work experience costs extra and the opinions of assessing bodies is sometimes wrong, sometimes catastrophically.

If an applicant lacks (for example) Accounting Theory s/he does not qualify for a positive skills assessment as an Accountant, but might qualify as an External Auditor for which Accounting Theory is not mandatory. The various bodies do not advise about this. They are likely to advise about a further course of study. They certainly would not advise that just about any recognised accounting degree would satisfy the VETASSESS academic criterion for a positive skills assessment as an Internal Auditor.

Most, but not all, UK accounting degrees would be sufficient for a positive skills assessment as an accountant. An Australian, UK, NZ accounting degree would probably be OK, depending on electives, but degrees from some other places, even if they are assessed as comparable to an Australian degree, might lack content or rigour.

A meaningful discussion about work experience issues goes far beyond what can be catered for on a public forum.

The various accounting skills assessing bodies will consult the CEP (search this with Google) for the comparability of an academic qualification, which is not worth the cost of an assessment fee.

Work experience is not a criterion for accountants relying on a degree. An assessment of work experience costs extra and the opinions of assessing bodies is sometimes wrong, sometimes catastrophically.

If an applicant lacks (for example) Accounting Theory s/he does not qualify for a positive skills assessment as an Accountant, but might qualify as an External Auditor for which Accounting Theory is not mandatory. The various bodies do not advise about this. They are likely to advise about a further course of study. They certainly would not advise that just about any recognised accounting degree would satisfy the VETASSESS academic criterion for a positive skills assessment as an Internal Auditor.

Most, but not all, UK accounting degrees would be sufficient for a positive skills assessment as an accountant. An Australian, UK, NZ accounting degree would probably be OK, depending on electives, but degrees from some other places, even if they are assessed as comparable to an Australian degree, might lack content or rigour.

A meaningful discussion about work experience issues goes far beyond what can be catered for on a public forum.

I know, it said this on my link you shot down.

No it did not.

It listed each ANZSCO code and the required skills and what was mandatory and the optional areas required from too.

Nice and thorough I see

It listed each ANZSCO code and the required skills and what was mandatory and the optional areas required from too.

Nice and thorough I see

He's an agent... as expected he wants to make things sound more difficult than they need to be... you don't drum up business by letting people know you can do most of this stuff without their help.

Archived