What to bring?

MovingtoTasmania

Oooh look at you in your penthouse :wink:

we brought over a b&m outdoor set, it was a real cheapie. I've upgraded now, but we still use it as back up for extra guests.

i could sell it though, and make a profit.

my friend has sold a lot of her young daughter stuff that she took from the UK, ie dolls prams that you can't get here, wow the amount of interest she has had. Same with a lot of toys r us stuff, here its rubbish, or you can order from the US, but what you can get is limited. So anything unique, that you can get over there, bring it and sell it.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

We bought a table with 6 chairs few years ago and as it had scratches we decided to claim it under insurance. They told u to get a replacement one. Just wondering if we leave it packed will be get charged tax. It's a glass table so don't want to get it damaged. I have the old recipts as proof of purchase a few years ago. Not sure if they will accept this

Stacey is right, I need a name change! I'm going to Perth now, not Tasmania as originally planned. The bed is a metal frame so can be dismantled and it's only 4 years old, and the mattress is a really good one so I'm keeping it. I didn't think the microwave was worth it, even though it's quite new as it was very cheap but hubby said let's take it!!

Aaww that's a shame.....Tasmania is much nicer than WA....perhaps you'll get to Tassie eventually

Aaww that's a shame.....Tasmania is much nicer than WA....perhaps you'll get to Tassie eventually

Agree, but I've only been to Launceston so maybe that's invalid?

knickers ... they are expensive and rubbish here ... also pyjamas /nightdresses ... bras ... all rubbish ... beds / mattresses are a different size ... all seasons duvets are a good idea ... it does get cold in the winter ... wellington boots ... light raincoat ... umbrella ... thermal vests ... houses are built for heat not cold ...

knickers ... they are expensive and rubbish here ... also pyjamas /nightdresses ... bras ... all rubbish ... beds / mattresses are a different size ... all seasons duvets are a good idea ... it does get cold in the winter ... wellington boots ... light raincoat ... umbrella ... thermal vests ... houses are built for heat not cold ...

Duly noted @bottler1942 but I think I will be okay in the cold as it has to get to around 7 degrees before I even think of having the heating on, so I think thermals are a good idea, I'll never need heating :laugh:

l but it has it's problems .... low literacy etc.,.

To be fair, the averages weren't that much lower than elsewhere in Oz....a fact which the rest of Oz completely ignored. But kids always pick on the littlest. :wink:

And we've just made up for it with the latest Man Booker prize winner - Richard Flanagan...a product of the Tasmanian state education system.:wubclub:

No table or chairs there. No sofa. No bookcases, do you keep them all in boxes? What about washing machine/tumble dryer? Pots and pans. Presumably clothes too as you won't get all of them in the cases surely?

I would definitely take the microwave if it were me.

I think it depends how picky you are about microwaves. If all you need is a small, simple one to do the odd defrost or cook veggies, then you can get a new one for $59.

Archived