moving from uk - oz with children in primary school - School requesting travel documents?

louise x x x x x

Hi Louise, sounds strange. Our schools didn't require anything at all, not sure if it makes a difference but my kids are Australians thanks to dad and it's Catholic Schools. Sorry I can't help more, I know that there are catchment areas so perhaps that is why they want to know where you live?

It may be because they are concerned that you are just taking the kids out of education for some reason? On the one hand I'm glad that they are taking steps to ensure that all kids are in receipt of appropriate education but on the other hand it does seem like a bit of a sledge hammer to crack a nut!

I'm in Ireland not UK but I find that strange if you are leaving you are leaving. Could it be anyway connected to child benefit payments or something(perhaps a new way to trace people) !? Ill be dying to know what they say don't think I'd give them the info either way.

Sounds exceptionally intrusive to me!

We moved from Scotland and didn't have to do anything of the kind. Although, like Grabri, mine have aussie citizenship through their dad.

I am constantly shocked by stories of things English schools require. Even for a day off. It's all so Nanny State.

I have told the school that my daughters go to that they will be leaving in the next few weeks and they have asked for nothing at all. Although they are preparing reports for me to take with me on the girls. Sounds a bit odd. Who are these Education Board people? OFSTED? The local council? The secretary of state for Education? I think I'd be asking for more details.

Archived