redcliffe...... we've arrived!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest philandjo

Guest Rob & Kim Clark

Hi we are looking to go to Redcliffe/N.Lakes/Mango Hill, as long as we can get to the beach in 10-15 mins or sooner I will be happy. Missus is going to be workin in Brissie at the Royal as a Midwife! How long drive is it at 6-630am/13-1330/2230-2300hrs as thats when she will starting her shifts then? My boy is 13 (1ST Year) think he will finish the end of the australian first year too, wont do im any harm! any reccommendations for schools??

Would be good to meet up with all you REDDIES when we rock up in end of

July

Cheers Rob

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rob and Kim, travel time at 6/630 am could take 1- 1hr 15 in a morning from Mango Hill, but the other 2 shifts about 40 mins. Add on 10-15 mins from Redcliff. Our boy is also 13 and loves school, strange i know, he goes to St Pauls at Bald Hills but Redcliff state school has a good reputation also.

Do you have anywhere to stay when you arrive as we have a nice slot at the end of July. Click below.

All the best Dale

Guest Rob & Kim Clark

Hey Thanks

Are the roads busy that time of morning? What train station is it, Petrie or Dakabin?

Your accomadation looks very nice but there are 5 of us, my girlies are 19 & 17, so they wont entertain sharing a rooM with DADDY!!

Hey Michael

What areas do you cover and do you deal with rentals as well. We will be coming from Melbourne and will need a 6 monthly lease for a family of 4 plus well behaved little doggy. Any advice for us and can we arrange a rental from Melbourne? I know it was impossible to do it from the UK you see.

If you dont deal in rentals then no probs

Georgie

Roads can be very busy between 6-830 and the way people drive over here, usually between 1 and 4 accidents a morning causing chaos. Choices of stations from here would be Petrie or Bald Hills, the later being 3 stations closer to the city, cheaper and same distance in the car to get to. Although from Redcliff, Sandgate maybe a better option.

Dale

Guest johno1

Hi Jo, Sandra & Mrs C

We are also heading out in October (all being well) but are also planning on coming out on a rekkie and to validate visas, in a couple of weeks.

We have sons aged 10 & 13 so if you do arrange a meet, please let us know and if we are out there, we would love to come along.

It may help us to decide on which part of QLD to move to!!

Regards

Debby & Josh

Guest Rob & Kim Clark

Hey All

Are there any meetings being held in the summer? We are also looking for a fully furnished rental, cause there are 5 of us, 3 teenagers so we need rooms for them all! we did mention the girls sharing, that got laughed out of the house! So any ideas would be great please! I need someplace that will take our dog too!

Dales apartment looks great but too small for my tribe!

Thanks

Rob

Guest Sandra,Mike and boys
Hi Jo, Sandra & Mrs C

We are also heading out in October (all being well) but are also planning on coming out on a rekkie and to validate visas, in a couple of weeks.

We have sons aged 10 & 13 so if you do arrange a meet, please let us know and if we are out there, we would love to come along.

It may help us to decide on which part of QLD to move to!!

Regards

Debby & Josh

Hi Debby & Josh

We go in a few weeks, so if you are going to be over then we can try and meet up. Have you got flights etc sorted yet?

Sandra X

Hi Rob

We are renting a three bed place but I guess that would be too small for your brood. If you want the details can let you know, there is also another 3 bed, nice looking new build, that we were going to rent but didn't have the availability for the time we needed

Sandra X

Guest johno1

Hi Sandra

We've not booked flights yet, just need to check with schools that the boys aren't going to miss anything important (like an end of term trip to Thorpe Park!!)

Have found reasonable prices on Emirates so will let you know when booked and if dates coincide, we will defo meet up.

Keep in touch

Debby & boys

Hi Sandra

We've not booked flights yet, just need to check with schools that the boys aren't going to miss anything important (like an end of term trip to Thorpe Park!!)

Have found reasonable prices on Emirates so will let you know when booked and if dates coincide, we will defo meet up.

Keep in touch

Debby & boys

Hi again

We too are flying with Emirates- def good prices. Did not book direct and regret that as they are def the cheapest and better to do it direct with them.

Keep us posted

S X

Guest Rob & Kim Clark

Hi Sandra Mike and boys & Debbie

Thanks for the tip bout the house, yes please send it on as a pm?, that right?, used to live in Taunton and work in Devon, & I'm flying to Southampton 2mrw!! Fate eh?? I was gonna fly Singapore but if you peps are saying emirates are doing good deals , we will look at them, when you looking to go though? that may be the clincher

anyways, best of luck and see you out there

• 2 weeks later...
Guest johno1

Hi Pee ps

Had to resurrect this one to get hold of you all.

Are any of you still out on reccies between 25th June-8th July??

just managed to sort out flights to fit in between boys social calenders.

Anyone around for a meet up-we are starting in Brisbane for a few days and hoping to travel up to Sunshine Coast for remainder??

The Johnos

Guest Rob & Kim Clark

Hi Fella,

No we wont be out then, should be a bit later more like the end of the month, enjoy the trip! let us know how you got on

Guest philandjo

let us know when any of you are coming out...... we,ll arrange a get together.....have a few drinks..... moan about the uk!!!!!

Hi All

We are leaving UK on Sun but going to Perth first, will be over in Brisbane on the 23rd June-7th July

We have a few meet ups organised, but happy to get together with whoever is free. There is no tel no. where we are staying, so let me know and I will PM you our mobiles, which I am hoping will work!!!!

Sandra

Guest scottandkay
arrived on feb 14th 2008........ so, just over 2 months. renting a lovely place in scarborough ( by the dolphins club).... kids settled in... sons in redcliffe high ( he's 13) girls in abc kindi ( they 3+4).... myself and my wife both working.. i'm painting..... she's hairdresser.....wife looking for places to take the kids on her days off... hopefully meet people in same position with toddlers, make a few friends... anyone got any suggestions???

hi, just reading your threads, we liv in narangba not far from you guys, only been east coast 3 months, but have been in oz just over 3 years ( just moved over from perth) if anyone wants to meet up or any help or advice would be happy to help. i have a 7 years old and a 3 year old, i am not working so if anyone wants to meet up when off work my e mail is scottandkay@bigpond.com

take care

kay

Guest johno1

Hi Phil & Jo, Mike & Sandra...this ones for you

We are coming over next Tues (24th June).

Cant decide whether to start in Brisbane and travel up to Sunshine Coast or vice versa so if you are arranging a meet for any time after this, please let us know...

Have fun

Johnos Debby, Josh, Marcus 13 & Will 10

Guest michael_byriel

How is Redcliffe going for you? How is the Winter treating you? Have you climatised to the new climate?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Sam&Si

Hi everyone,

Can't keep track on who is already over there and who's heading out soon for a reccie, but either way I'm very jealous lol we're not arriving until Christmas but was wondering if you could keep your eyes peeled for a motel in Redcliffe and maybe pm me with the names of any you come across? We need something for less than $100 per night and we need it over Christmas and New Year, struggling to contact any from the UK,

Thanks guys

x

Guest Sam&Si

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the recommendation, I'd been trying for weeks to get hold of someone at Waltzing Matilda but they never replied to emails. Anyway, very excited cos we've booked somewhere today, the Pale Pacific motel & units, thinks it's just a few doors down and really reasonable (I think anyway!) 1 bed unit for $450 per week and right on the beach so we're well chuffed. We've also booked our flights, arriving 21st December so we'll stay in the motel for 3- 4 weeks until we find somewhere to rent (or buy if we're lucky enough to sell our UK house between now and then) so we'll definitely get in touch with you when we arrive if thats ok?

Guest tahe49

Has anyone had any dealings with Lutanna Sands at Margate? I am coming in September and thought of staying here for a couple of weeks.

Guest Sam&Si
Has anyone had any dealings with Lutanna Sands at Margate? I am coming in September and thought of staying here for a couple of weeks.

Hi,

I tried to contact them as well as they came up a few times via 'Jasons' but I never got a reply, think they were $65 per night which I thought was a good price. Waltzing Matilda is $80 per night for a double room but no cooking facilities, right on Suttons Beach though, hope this helps

x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NinaW

We are moving to Brisbane in less than 3 weeks! Arriving on 19th August!

We have never even been to Oz before but have been looking at renting somewhere in the redcliffe area depending on wether we like it or not when we actually get there! It looks like just the kind of place we want to live.

We are both a bit nervous about not knowing anyone there at all so a meet up with you guys would be great!

x

Archived