Mid North Coast - Coffs Harbour..... Whats it like ??

cherries002

Hi...

I originally wanted to head towards Adelaide after qualifying as a nurse in Sept 2013 with OH and 2 children (16 & 18) after getting my IELTS and ANMAC sorted I have now found out that Adelaide are no longer accepting newly qualified nurses and require 3 years experience :mad:

After speaking to my agent etc turns out we can have NSW, Northern Territory with my existing 13 months experience, we have looked at Coffs Harbour and quite like the area, I just wandered if anyone else knows of the place and can they give me heads up on anything/everything ??? Its all very well researching the area but would be nice to hear about others opinions etc.

My husband has HGV1 and currently works for our local council on restructuring roads etc and has many skills in the different machinery so hopefully he will be able to pick something up similar. Youngest daughter wants to continue in education and eldest will have just finished her course in Uni by the time we hope to get things sorted and move next year and will be looking at jobs/further Uni course??

Coffs is a good-sized township. I have friends there who love it. It is a country town not a big city, of course, so job opportunities are more limited.

Armidale University is just inland from Coffs and has a good reputation, so your daughter could go there and still be within easy visiting distance of home.

We only passed through for one night on our way up and down to Sydney from Brisbane. We are still looking for "the" place settle down.

We both liked Coffs, nice sized town not too big not too small. If they bypassed it would be nicer as main road through town is crazy busy but such is life, probably will at some time

Seemed to have a nice community feel about it, nice selection of shops etc and nice hinterland nearby

But depends on what you want at the end of the day....................best of luck