Being indian ( asian ) in australia

richardcoull

Changes in attitudes to homosexuality in the WHITE community But try and look for it in the non white communities in different religions too.

And why is it wrong to compare different countries and to ask why people come here if the particular ism is allegedly so bad?

Did Jews emigrate to Nazi Germany? Of course they didn't. So why would anybody want to come to Australia if they knew it was a hotbed of racism?

Check out South Africa for some of the most lenient laws on homosexuality, an often African taboo subject. You don't surely mean to compare the state sanctioned terrorism of Nazi Germany towards Jews with racism in modern day Australia? Who said a hot bed of racism? Those days are happily past. Some regard racist behaviour in Australia to be more overt than a similar country like Canada. Canadians who have been to Australia tend to concur with that sentiment as well from forums I have read on the matter. Far from making Australia a hot bed of racism though.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is only 70 years since the end of WW 2 around the same time as partition but there are very few Brita and Aussies who either hate the Germans and Japanese or who blame them for the huge amounts of money and lives we expended fighting them I wonder why?

Still a number of Brit's have at best mixed feelings with regards Germans at least. Naturally less as the war generation clock out. If you really want to forgiveness and moving on I would suggest a far later war that being the Indo China one. Considering the millions killed by American and allied forces by means of bombing, chemicals and flat earth policy there is no hostility at all towards those nations or even those that took part. Not just Vietnam but Cambodia and Laos.

Laos of course had more American bombs dropped on that tiny nation than were dropped during world war two.

And yet still the Americans got beaten in that nasty guerilla war fare.. but now there is unfortunately the last laugh where once the war against communism was inherently to advance capitalism across the world and now sadly American companies now have their merchandise mass produced in Vietnam and Cambodia.. perhaps there another level of racism at play, perhaps economic. Certain classifications of first to third worlds come to mind.. but that is for another thread ..

Well I drive the Rockingham road everyday to/from work and not managed to see one, will keep an eye out [emoji6]

And I doubt that you ever will Baz :wink:

And yet still the Americans got beaten in that nasty guerilla war fare.. but now there is unfortunately the last laugh where once the war against communism was inherently to advance capitalism across the world and now sadly American companies now have their merchandise mass produced in Vietnam and Cambodia.. perhaps there another level of racism at play, perhaps economic. Certain classifications of first to third worlds come to mind.. but that is for another thread ..

The Americans might have 'won' if they had used the same tactics they did against Japan in WW2. Yes, with hindsight they should not have got involved in the Vietnam War, but capitalism combined with democracy usually wins out in the end, whilst communism collapses through its own contradictions. If Vietnam and China had stuck to old school communism, they would still be stuck in the Third World.

It is only 70 years since the end of WW 2 around the same time as partition but there are very few Brita and Aussies who either hate the Germans and Japanese or who blame them for the huge amounts of money and lives we expended fighting them I wonder why?

Because the effects of Colonialism are HUGELY different to winning a war. Germany did not occupy the UK. The British were not forced to speak German or Japanese or exploited for trade and the foundation of the Empire. British citizens were not employed as servants of the Nazis. And, at the end of it all, the UK was not carved up. The two things are just not comparable.

Ok, well it seems none of you can keep to the op's topic. How homosexuality of the world wars and the Jews make a difference to being an Indian in Australia I have no idea. As I'm fed up of going through and deleting non relivant posts I will close this thread. I'm very sorry op that people can't just help answer your questions.

Archived