Can someone help with some practical recommendations please?

Fishenka

I know it's a boring thread but it the info would be very helpful, thank you!

where is the best place to buy decent fridge & washing machine without paying the top dollar?

same for a sofa and bed? :)

Which pet insurance is good here? I heard lots of negative info about pet insurance over here

Best Internet & utility provider?

thank you! :)

we are in Sydney

where is the best place to buy decent fridge & washing machine without paying the top dollar?

same for a sofa and bed? :)

Best Internet & utility provider?

I heartily recommend appliancesonline.com.au

I've bought a few things from them. They are usually the cheapest (especially if you're in an area that has free delivery) and totally UNstressful to deal with. They let me choose a day AND TIME of delivery and turned up on the dot. They even lugged my tumble dryer up four flights of stairs and hung it up on the hooks in the laundry for me (which they didn't have to do).

I heartily recommend appliancesonline.com.au

I've bought a few things from them. They are usually the cheapest (especially if you're in an area that has free delivery) and totally UNstressful to deal with. They let me choose a day AND TIME of delivery and turned up on the dot. They even lugged my tumble dryer up four flights of stairs and hung it up on the hooks in the laundry for me (which they didn't have to do).

I thoroughly recommend them to. We bought a Simpson front loader washing machine for $390 and its still going strong 4.5 years. Also bought fridgefreezer and microwave very cheaply.

As above, we bought from the Good Guys. We bought the washer, dryer and fridge freezer together and haggled like mad. It helps to get a quotation from one then trawl it round Harvey Norman and so on to see who wants your cash. Also, look for ex demo floorstock as you may get a deal.

We've bought loads of stuff of the internet previously and had mixed results. For something like a fridge I'd recommend you go and see it in a showroom before buying. Also, remember to measure, remeasure and measure again. We once spent a load of cash on a side by side fridge and freezer, only to discover that they didn't fit under the counter. Easier mistake to make than you might think!

Archived