Has anyone been turned down for a 300 visa.

Danny842003

Just wondered if anyone had been turned down for a 300 visa. If so how long in to the process and for what reason.

I sent mine 3 months ago and although the application is totally legit I am worried in the same way I always feel guilty when a police car is behind me. I would be gutted if after the '9 month waiting' time I got turned down.

I would suggest that as long as you submitted the correct (honest) information in your application, and provided any subsequent information that your CO may have requested, then you will be fine. Don't overthink it!

:cool:

yeah I'm sure your correct it's just a big step for me. I have to give a years notice at work so I had no choice but too submit before I get the grant.

No I understand people do, I meant members on here.

It is irrelevant whether other people have been turned down. You are just creating angst for yourself in trying to hunt down examples. If your application is in order you will get the visa. It doesn't take a lot to get a 300 visa application in order either.

yeah I'm sure your correct it's just a big step for me. I have to give a years notice at work so I had no choice but too submit before I get the grant.

Just curious......but what type of employment requires someone to give a year' notice and what could happen if you didn't? Seems that working a year's notice would be really odd for both employee and employer.

You can be refused if you fail the health or character test. In my case, they made a mistake with my health assessment and I got a call from my CO to tell me that I had failed to satisfy the health requirement and so he would work with me to apply for a health waiver. Not sure exactly how this happened as it was all behind the scenes, but a stressful month later I got a visa grant e-mail out of the blue.

In terms of relationship, it is just a judgement about whether your relationship is genuine or not. It is not being judged on whether it is a good one or a bad one; you don’t get points for how often you Skype or how cutesy your e-mails are. So long as you have met, have two statements from friends and family, have a celebrant booked, and are broadly in the same generation, speak the same language and don’t have any other obvious flags, you will get the visa. It is an entitlement, not a gift.

Just curious......but what type of employment requires someone to give a year' notice and what could happen if you didn't? Seems that working a year's notice would be really odd for both employee and employer.

Armed forces is one that springs to my mind.

You can be refused if you fail the health or character test. In my case, they made a mistake with my health assessment and I got a call from my CO to tell me that I had failed to satisfy the health requirement and so he would work with me to apply for a health waiver. Not sure exactly how this happened as it was all behind the scenes, but a stressful month later I got a visa grant e-mail out of the blue.

In terms of relationship, it is just a judgement about whether your relationship is genuine or not. It is not being judged on whether it is a good one or a bad one; you don’t get points for how often you Skype or how cutesy your e-mails are. So long as you have met, have two statements from friends and family, have a celebrant booked, and are broadly in the same generation, speak the same language and don’t have any other obvious flags, you will get the visa. It is an entitlement, not a gift.

Yeah I guessed as much just stressful waiting (what feels like so long) to get an answer yes or no. To be honest I'm certain I will get it as the relationship is 100% genuine but when your counting down to being unemployed and in my case homeless (I live on the base) it just gets to you a bit I guess.

I know that it is very stressful waiting. You feel like you're in limbo and don't want to make plans for the present and can't make plans for the future. But time will pass and you will get your visa because you are entitled to it.

I woudnt say I'm entitled to it but she is I would say.

I woudnt say I'm entitled to it but she is I would say.

She is entitled to marry whomever she wants. That means you, as a fiancé, are entitled to a visa according to the current law.My point is that it is not discretionary, does not rely on goodwill or proving you are Super-Romeo. Unless you are knowingly committing fraud, or have a bad criminal history, have complex medical issues, or have previously broken migration regulations then you will get your visa.

Archived