189 Visa - what happens directly after you submit the visa application?

We're lodging tomorrow (14th) - we are just waiting for a couple of things to be 'notarised/certified' (if notarised is actually a word)

I wanted to ask - when you submit your visa application, what happens next? do you start uploading proof and docs immediately, or do you wait to be asked? NB - we are doing this ourselves. Any info much appeciated.

26403d1410614908-189-visa-lodged-september-2014-screenshot-2014-09-13-14.26.58.png

I am guessing when you lodge, you pay the bill - then I am guessing you start uploading documents?

You can start uploading documents after you've lodged and paid the fees. You don't have to upload things right away but if you have them ready, then there's no reason to delay. Don't wait to be asked as it's possible they could make a decision based on what you've included in your application and if that's nothing, they could refuse the visa.

If you upload colour scans, the documents don't need to be certified.

We're lodging tomorrow (14th) - we are just waiting for a couple of things to be 'notarised/certified' (if notarised is actually a word)

I wanted to ask - when you submit your visa application, what happens next? do you start uploading proof and docs immediately, or do you wait to be asked? NB - we are doing this ourselves. Any info much appeciated.

26403d1410614908-189-visa-lodged-september-2014-screenshot-2014-09-13-14.26.58.png

I am guessing when you lodge, you pay the bill - then I am guessing you start uploading documents?

Yes upload, there is no benefit to delaying. Also the system is a bit temperamental so upload whilst you can! The re is no need to get anything notarised.

Archived