Child visa

Barker1009

We have our visas already, and are now looking to add our children on to them. We have been told that it can take up to 12 months for this to be done, however we have already booked our flights for July 2015. Can anybody advise if the above is correct? How long does it take for children to be added? Any help would be appreciated.

We have a 176 visa. We have been told to fill in a 40 ch and a 47 ch , is this correct as we are ready to lodge today ... Thanks

You need to fill in the forms for the child visa, I tried the link and it takes me to a 47ch, not sure where you are getting 40ch from.

Form 47CH is the application form for the visa, and form 40CH is the sponsor form for the sponsoring parent. You are applying for each child's 101 visa, they can't be added to your already granted 176 visa. I'm not sure the processing time, but 12 months wouldn't surprise me. If their visas aren't approved before you need to travel, you could perhaps bring them on tourist visas, but they'd then need to travel offshore so the visa can be granted.

You need to fill in the forms for the child visa, I tried the link and it takes me to a 47ch, not sure where you are getting 40ch from.

Thanks for the info but because we have left our visa's so late it says we can not leave oz for two years , i am really worrying now about our options

Thanks for the info but because we have left our visa's so late it says we can not leave oz for two years , i am really worrying now about our options

Not sure where you have read you can leave Oz for 2 years. If this is related to Resident Return Visas there is no such rule, to be eligible for the5 year RRV you need to spend 2 years in last 5 in Australia, but if you are living in Australia and do not have the 2 years in 5 years, it shouldn't be to difficult to get shorter RRV 3 months or 1 year if there is a reason for you to leave Australua showing that you have ties ie job, house, kids in school etc.

Also do you know if there is anyway of speeding the visa up as we only have 8 months until we go and panicking now if we have to change out flights

There is no way to speed it up, these are the standard processing times, once your application is lodged you are in a que waiting for the visa to be granted.

With the long waiting times for partner and other family applications it really doesn't surprise me that some consider heading to Australia and applying onshore.

The Australian Government could overcome this by speeding up processing times ...

In case of need:

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/802.aspx

and

http://www.gm-partner-visas.com/family-visas/child-visas/

Best regards.

Hi I am applying for my children's visa and wondering if any of you have applied for a child's visa. We have been told it takes between 8 and 12 months , we are lodging this week but we have booked our flights for July and I am panicking now :arghh:

Thanks

Hi I am applying for my children's visa and wondering if any of you have applied for a child's visa. We have been told it takes between 8 and 12 months , we are lodging this week but we have booked our flights for July and I am panicking now :arghh:

Thanks

Why did you book your flights before you even applied for the visa then? I cannot make sense of that. You are creating stress for yourself quite unnecessarily. Maybe see if you can change them.

Archived