Student visa/457

LilSmiler

But I thought college girl said if your student visa gets cancelled you have 28 days to leave or apply for another visa?

What she said was that if you get your student visa cancelled, you won't be able to get Bridging visa. You will have 28 days to leave the country.

If I don't get the 457 I will go home, not continue on the student visa it's a waste of time

Probably a good idea as international fees are very expensive. If you don't bother handing in one single assignment all semester then it's plainly not worth doing. That's the teacher in me coming out.

I don't think they are going to cancel your student visa without asking you for an interview. I have been in Australia with my wife for 7 years as International students. One thing I have learnt along the years extending visas is that when money is involved, immigration will try to sort everything so you can continue your studies provided that you have not done anything illegal.

Oh ok.

Sorry for all the questions.

I was just reading up on it, apparently student visas just get cancelled automatically :(

How would you think I stand? I've passed nearly everything for two years before this semester.

You said that you have had several warnings and only a 75 % attendance rate. You will need to talk with the faculty.

I don't think they are going to cancel your student visa without asking you for an interview. I have been in Australia with my wife for 7 years as International students. One thing I have learnt along the years extending visas is that when money is involved, immigration will try to sort everything so you can continue your studies provided that you have not done anything illegal.

Thank you. Hopefully this will be the case for me. Even better, nothing gets said at all. :/

Thank you. Hopefully this will be the case for me. Even better, nothing gets said at all. :/

Your college will decide whether you are eligible to remain on your course. As you have failed the whole semester and not just one unit, you will need to talk with them.

Why don’t you discuss the situation with your Lawyer, who would know your situation better and be able to provide definitive answers?

You are trying to obtain guidance on a serious issue, from a public forum, where we are not privy to all the circumstances of your situation, which may be pivotal in providing accurate advice.

Based on what you have posted, an issue you may have is meeting the Regulation which states that you must have complied with the conditions of your previous visa. Condition associated with your student visa would include attendance and meeting course requirements.

Archived