Is the 'Pacific Solution' unravelling?

Harpodom

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We prefer Abbott's truth to more of the ALP's truth ie a boatful of illegal immigrants every day which is what we would have continued to get had Rudd won.

You refer to the unspoken truth, ignorance is bliss sort of thing I expect. Prefer the facts myself not hidden under some right wing ideologue as that side tend to follow. Total contempt for fellow citizens. From QLD's Bjeike Peterson and his feeding the chooks to the present Tory blues on the roost.

Two more years to the next election then at least another three on to of that so how will you bear up to another five years of Tony?

Remember, all of us naive people who believed Abbott when he said he would stop the boats and kill the carbon tax?

Boy he pulled the wool over our eyes with those two lies didn't he!

Two more years to the next election then at least another three on to of that so how will you bear up to another five years of Tony?

Remember, all of us naive people who believed Abbott when he said he would stop the boats and kill the carbon tax?

Yup, can't believe that my power and gas bills have gone down, when he said they would go down.

What a bastard!

Elections are bought and sold. The bribes come out near time and the rug pulling the rest of the time. Abbott certainly did pull the wool over the proletarians eyes with his sloganeering and selling out of decency. In fact sadly, a lot of questions can be raised if democracy is even the right way forward for all.

I told you to listen to 2GB and hear the views of the little people and battlers you claim to like but secretly despise because they all think like me!

No ta, the brain washed lemmings are but that nothing of interest but self interest and rabid right wing sentiment. One question how does an Abbott supporter jell with the seldom used term 'battlers' these days. The Tories loathe the losers and at best feel discomfort. Now the movers and shakers, that's something else. Their people.

No ta, the brain washed lemmings are but that nothing of interest but self interest and rabid right wing sentiment. One question how does an Abbott supporter jell with the seldom used term 'battlers' these days. The Tories loathe the losers and at best feel discomfort. Now the movers and shakers, that's something else. Their people.

So if they vote for the Greens they can think for themselves, but if they vote for Abbott, they are 'brainwashed!?' How very typically patronising. But then again, that is why Abbott won, i.e. he was underestimated (as was Howard before him) right up to the time (and after) that he won power.

I dont think they are brain washed. They like abbots ultra conservative, self serving ideologies. Some of them have said on this very thread that they don't care what happens to asylum seekers, they only care about Australian kids. They don't care about climate change, they don't even believe it exists, so they are happy to sell the planet for a bi-monthly fee of $10 off their power bill. You can't argue with people like that, they don't care about anything after their front door.

I dont think they are brain washed. They like abbots ultra conservative, self serving ideologies. Some of them have said on this very thread that they don't care what happens to asylum seekers, they only care about Australian kids. They don't care about climate change, they don't even believe it exists, so they are happy to sell the planet for a bi-monthly fee of $10 off their power bill. You can't argue with people like that, they don't care about anything after their front door.

At last! Another normal person turns up!

Possibly brain dead in the sense of being unwilling or unable to take aboard the bigger picture may be a better explanation then, though hardly difficult to brain wash many with short slogans and few words. I . A reason I question more the usefulness of democracy. Akin to giving Turkey's the vote for maintaining Christmas. Fine and dandy but when attempting to argue points on the international scene through Wikipedia, which seems to allow anyone to become an instant expert on subjects barely, if ever breached previously it does cause for wonderment.

That sounds like me to a T! Hang on, it IS me!

Of course I care about climate change. That I why I want Australia to use its uranium to make us 100 per cent self-sufficent on nuclear power, the cleanest and most efficient known to man. Why just sell it to to other nations for them to develop their own nuclear power. I know there are issues with storing spent uranium safely, and the possiblity of accidents, but if climate change is THE greatest danger to humankind, then surely these drawbacks are the lesser of the two evils. And besides, scientists may well come up with new solutions to making nuclear power safer.

But just think how many lives have been saved now that the boats have stopped. Every day another unseaworthy and overcrowded boat set out from Indonesia, hoping that they would be rescued by Australian ships before they shipwrecked somewhere off the Australian coast. Hundreds have already drowned.

Archived