money transfers

jpe123

Hello,

trying to work out cheapest and most efficient way to transfer money from a UK account to an OZ account, Going on a WHV arriving October 7th will have around £4000 possibly a bit more.

I am sure this has already been asked a thousand times already.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

trying to work out cheapest and most efficient way to transfer money from a UK account to an OZ account, Going on a WHV arriving October 7th will have around £4000 possibly a bit more.

Cheers

just a curve ball, have you considered a credit card such as the one halifax do? It gives fee free foreign currency transactions (and the conversion rate is pretty much the bank rate so even better that you would get at a forex dealer.

You can also withdraw cash from an ATM for free, you do pay interest on your cash advances but if you keep paying off the credit card each month the cost is minimal. Far less than what you'd pay in ATM fees for instance.

I've used Money Corp and generally their rates are better than the big banks. PM me if you want advice on how it works, I've just exchanged large sums of money.

By the way, now is a good time to exchange as the pound is strong and you get alot of AUD for it.

Hello,

Cheers

Been doing a lot of comparisions on this as will also need to transfer funds, we found FX our fairest option to maximise rate, there trade appears to get the best exchange rate and no costs apply as the make on trading the exchange rate. Seems good but who knows with financial companies, not very trusting personally been burnt a few times.

Use currency fair at 4 dollars a transaction you can usually get within half a cent of the actual rate.

Thanks for you advice - its soooooo scary moving money!! have you used them before? I keep reading reviews and then wondering how do you know the reviews are ok?! aaarrrgggg!

Be extremely careful of money transfer companies, yes they do the job for a single fee however if you wish to make a change mid transaction be prepared for a bumpy ride. I'm not going to mention the company but one of the big guys (well at least that's the impression they give), cost me a few £100's to cancel a transaction due to their very slow response meaning exchange rates had changed.

I will use them again however with caution, read their rules very carefully and ensure you are confident about the amount of money you want to exchange.

S

Thanks for you advice - its soooooo scary moving money!! have you used them before? I keep reading reviews and then wondering how do you know the reviews are ok?! aaarrrgggg!

I have used them a few times. I even transfered 8k this week. They will give you a much better rate than any of the other companies as it is peer to peer.

Guest John from Moneycorp

Hi all

Just to confirm, you can transfer any amount overseas with Moneycorp.

The £30k limit refers to our online system only for making a transfer in one go.

Thanks

John

Hello,

Cheers

I have used WORLD FIRST 3 times in the last 2 months and they have given me excellent service each time

There are no fees or charges with this company and their margin can be as little as 0.3% which amounts to a little over a half a cent

Cheers

Barry

Archived