4 months left on 417 and want to stay in Oz options?? :(

johnmadden168

Hi,

My friend told me about this forum and that it might be able to help me.

I have been in oz for the past 8 months and am currently coming to the end of my six months with one employer.

I have been applying for jobs in my field.

My experience:

I have 9 years experience in retail banking in Ireland.

I have a degree in business

A professional diploma it Digital Marketing

and a PRINCE2 in Project Management

I have been looking into skillselect and other ways to try to stay in this country that I have fallen in love with.

If any one out there has gone through something similar and had success I would love to hear about it and try to apply it to my situation.

Thanks

John

Is your employer willing to sponsor you?

Is your occupation on the SOL or CSOL, actually that is the first question. The lists can be found by using the search function on http://www.immi.gov.au.

Note that you need to find an occupation you are or have worked in, not something you have a certificate in.

Let us know how you get on and report back.

Thanks for the quick response.

No, the employer is not willing to sponsor unfortunately.

With my degree, it's a business degree in IT Management and looking at the skill select list the only one that I could imagine trying to fit into would be 'Developer Programmer' but that in itself I think would be a long shot as I have never worked in the industry.

My background is in retail banking and I have applied to every major bank but they require you to be a resident of Aus or NZ.

Thanks for the quick response.

No, the employer is not willing to sponsor unfortunately.

With my degree, it's a business degree in IT Management and looking at the skill select list the only one that I could imagine trying to fit into would be 'Developer Programmer' but that in itself I think would be a long shot as I have never worked in the industry.

My background is in retail banking and I have applied to every major bank but they require you to be a resident of Aus or NZ.

I am a bit confused as to how developer programmer has come into it if you have never worked as one. As per my earlier email, you need to see if there is an occupation on the list you *have* worked in.

Anything in the banking world on the list?

Archived