Prospective Marriage Sponsored By Parents?

narbri

I don't have a bank account and I don't spend money. And no credit cards. I have no paper trail here.

Thanks everyone. Looking at the partner visa page on the website, it now says that the average processing time is 12-15 months! I've seen the partner (provisional) visa allows the applicant to enter Australia and stay there until a decision is made.

I think I'll look into the provisional visa, so far it seems to be just about the same with the added bonus that we can go to Australia immediately (until a decision is made).

I don't have a bank account and I don't spend money. And no credit cards. I have no paper trail here.

Thanks everyone. Looking at the partner visa page on the website, it now says that the average processing time is 12-15 months! I've seen the partner (provisional) visa allows the applicant to enter Australia and stay there until a decision is made.

I think I'll look into the provisional visa, so far it seems to be just about the same with the added bonus that we can go to Australia immediately (until a decision is made).

You have misread that. You apply for the temporary visa, that takes 12-15 months (or whatever the processing time is in London at the moment), once it's granded you travel to australia, then after two years (from application date) you apply for your permanent visa. The temporary visa doesn't allow you to travel to australia to wait out the time. You can apply and then get a tourist visa though, but you would have to be offshore when the temporary partner visa is granted.

Like I said, my partner supports me financially. I do not have a bank account. We do go shopping and go out but he pays using his own card. No credit cards are used and I'm not one for going to the doctor, so I never registered with his doctor.

Like I said, my partner supports me financially. I do not have a bank account. We do go shopping and go out but he pays using his own card. No credit cards are used and I'm not one for going to the doctor, so I never registered with his doctor.

If you don't have a shred of joint financial evidence your visa will be refused. You need to show you have joint finances. When I was in London I worked and my partner didn't for a period of 6 months - but he still paid for things here and there eg dinner some nights, movies, take away etc. We had evidence of this. Perhaps this is why you were reccomended the PMV because it requires far less evidence.

If you don't have a shred of joint financial evidence your visa will be refused. You need to show you have joint finances. When I was in London I worked and my partner didn't for a period of 6 months - but he still paid for things here and there eg dinner some nights, movies, take away etc. We had evidence of this. Perhaps this is why you were reccomended the PMV because it requires far less evidence.

Yup, thinking along the same lines. It's become clear later through the thread you don't have a shred of supporting evidence to back up you living together. You need this to be able to make a viable partner visa application. You live under the same roof as, to all intents and purposes, man and wife for de facto. You are not named on the lease for the house, no bank account and not a single thing to show this other than your NI number.

If the expo people knew this I can understand them saying go the PMV route.

I think if you said that to Immigration they'd raise both eyebrows. You never go out of the house without your partner? Ever? Crazytown.

Anyway - I agree. Your lack of evidence of living together is so nonexistent it would be suspicious. You probably ARE better off going for a PMV.

Archived