Partner Visa Help!

Marcus109

Hi everyone,

we are in the process of doing our partner visa ourselves. We have left it quite late and are under a bit of pressure. we have a few questions we are not too sure about.

1. In the previous relationships questions, do we really enter all previous relationships, even though they were not marriage, engagements or de-facto?

2. Do all documents/declarations have to be certified? A little confused on this.

3. Has anyone any ideas on how in depth we go with statements?

4. We have a couple of wedding invitations but they are not in a stamped envelope so don't know if there is any point including them.

we have about 6 weeks to complete the application so if anyone has any advice or help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot....

3 - as little or as much as you want but cover all the aspects they are asking for. I wrote 2 pages A4 typed in size 12 font. Hubby wrote 5 pages handwritten A4. We made sure we wrote our own things but if we covered the same events we made sure our dates etc tallied to fit our timeframe.

I started with how we met, how long we dated, when we moved in together, proposal, marriage and our child being born. Plus how we shared bills, household stuff, our interests, even though different, we covered how we supported the other in them. Work, being a stay at home mum, finances, emotional support stuff, everything they asked for, we worked it in to our statements in some shape or form.

4 - if the rest of your evidence is decent I'd not bother personally. It's more the bills, bank statements, wills, life insurance naming each other, that sort of thing. Proof of you residing at the same address and so on they want. We didn't include any invites.

1. For previous relationships just include the people you have been in a de-facto relationship with

2.If you are posting application all documents (passports birth certificates) have to be certified. I did read that online applications just need to be scanned and sent not certified (dont know how true that is i applied by post)

3.With statements you can find some guidelines online on what to include. Ours just had where we met how long we had been together, marriage children, when we moved in together how we share the workload at home with bills/looking after home etc.

4. I would include them. Any evidence helps. We also included photos of us all together one from each year we had been with eachother

Good luck with your application :)

1. Relationships of marriage, de facto or engagement should be included. They don't care about boyfriend/girlfriend or casual dating

2. DIBP accepts uncertified colour scans of everything. If black and white, then you need to scan 'official' documents such as passports, birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc.

From memory....?? if your sending original documents (bills and statements (bank etc) these do not need to be sighted and JP declared. Mainly things like birth/marriage/divorce etc certs need to be sighted and declared. I took mine into a lawyers office in Brisbane and they did it for free!!

We sent in tons of stuff...If we had it we sent it. Photo's (if others were in the photo we wrote (after getting permission!!) email contacts on the back. Pretty much anything...It all helps!

Bills were a problem as my wife paid these via her business so all ALL our bills were in her name....towards the end we worried over them and the answer was very simple!! My PV CO accepted a stat dec from my wife declaring I paid 50% of the statement!

Good luck! and don't panic...CO are human!

I'm absolutely no expert, but had a complex application! Firstly remember you have plenty of time, and once you get to the one on one stage with a CO they will work with you! Mine was fantastic!. Have you booked tickets on the same flight? Have you passport entry stamps which match? Have you been through your individual bank statements for items which could put you in the same place at the same time?....Humans are generally creatures of habit and leave traces!!! Has your partner ever paid for something for you on the internet or vice versa? (I pay my wife's phone bill sometimes and vice versa) My card/ her name. gym memberships? if so and you attend together ask for a print out.

Sit together and think of anything you have done together which was registered in any way!

above all...don't panic!! My visa is 801..which are you going for? keep posting folk will help!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

thanks so much for you help so far.

Can anyone tell me if we both have to send in all our full bank statements? I had intended to send my payment summaries from last year and this year to show I can support us both? I was also going to send just some of the relevant statements where we can show for example: alternate grocery buying, transfers to and from accounts and other transactions relating to our relationship. I am reluctant for us both to send in all statements over a year and a half. Surely privacy and not wanting personal bank account numbers etc falling into the wrong hands is a concern??

thanks

Archived