Claiming points for skilled work experiance.

brandylomax

I am not sure if this has been covered before but any advice would be much appreciated.

I have submitted my EOI and got an invitation to a apply.

I have claimed for 5 points for work experience however my problem is when now looking through all my documents I entered on my EOI dated stared degree to dates degree complete 20/05/2010 (20/05/2010 date I completed my course) but when I look at me degree certificate its dated 18/06/2010 (date of graduation)

I submitted my EOI on 08/06/2014 and got an invitation to apply on the 22/06/2014.

Now if I submit my visa application will the CO work from dates on my degree certificate and say that I am only in skilled employment 1 year + then the 36 months which is 18/06/2014 (date of graduation certificate) and I submitted my EOI on 08/06/2014 so I have missed the skilled employment by ten days??

any help would be much appreciated

Hello

yes .. I am applying for a 189 visa and claimed five points for overseas work experience.

for the points to be awarded as skilled employment I need to firstly have completed my degree in relation to my nominated employment then completed one years post qualification employment then the 3 years is counted ( 1 year plus 36 months)

so basically I need to have worked in my job for four years from completion of my degree to claim the five points..

the only technically thats confusing me is how they calculate the dates will it be calculated from the date of my graduation certificate or the month of graduation?

thanks for your reply

Yes I have worked in the same job role for over ten years and still work in the role I have wage slips and letters from HR and managers. but because it only become's "Skilled employment" from when I got my degree ( I completed my degree while working full time) I can only count the month from completion of my degree to clime the five points

Im just worried how they will calculate the months will it be calculated from the date of my graduation certificate or the month of graduation?

The points are awarded at the time of invitation. So you should be OK.

Again, 2010-2014 - isn't it 4 years?

I don't know that I agree with that. What you claim for in the EOI needs to be true when you claim it.

Unfortunately, I still cannot make any sense of the problem though, this 1 year plus 36 months OP is talking about, like you say there seems to be about four years of work there.

OP I have never heard of anyone talk about one year plus 36 months, what are you referring to? Where have you seen this? To claim for three years of experience you need three years of experience, not "1 year plus 36 months"..

Yes I have worked in the same job role for over ten years and still work in the role I have wage slips and letters from HR and managers. but because it only become's "Skilled employment" from when I got my degree ( I completed my degree while working full time) I can only count the month from completion of my degree to clime the five points

Im just worried how they will calculate the months will it be calculated from the date of my graduation certificate or the month of graduation?

You seem to have got yourself into a mess.

When did you complete the academic requirements for your qualification?

I don't know that I agree with that. What you claim for in the EOI needs to be true when you claim it.

Unfortunately, I still cannot make any sense of the problem though, this 1 year plus 36 months OP is talking about, like you say there seems to be about four years of work there.

OP I have never heard of anyone talk about one year plus 36 months, what are you referring to? Where have you seen this? To claim for three years of experience you need three years of experience, not "1 year plus 36 months"..

Yes that is what I'm afraid they might say I have done and I don't want to pay the visa fee and get a refusal ? but it depends of they will count date to date or just month to month ....

Just to clarify .... this from the guidance from the DIBP

For points to be awarded as a skilled employment you must first meet the indicative skill level for your nominated occupation. In the case of the occupation I am applying for this is a completion of a degree and at least one years post qualification employment which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. Only then can I start counting my period of employment to get 36 months and claim 5 points. So I have to have got my degree done one years employment.. then start counting the 36 months so from getting my degree four years employment before I can claim 5 points.

Yes that is what I'm afraid they might say I have done and I don't want to pay the visa fee and get a refusal ? but it depends of they will count date to date or just month to month ....

Just to clarify .... this from the guidance from the DIBP

For points to be awarded as a skilled employment you must first meet the indicative skill level for your nominated occupation. In the case of the occupation I am applying for this is a completion of a degree and at least one years post qualification employment which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. Only then can I start counting my period of employment to get 36 months and claim 5 points. So I have to have got my degree done one years employment.. then start counting the 36 months so from getting my degree four years employment before I can claim 5 points.

DIBP is most likely to base their calculation on the results of your skills assessment. The skills assessor will have used the applicable dates based on their criteria, so you should refer to that when calculating your points.

Archived