Contributory Parent Visa 143 - query re payment of 2nd VAC

Guest watson

:?: Have received request for 2nd VAC and this to be paid by 18th October - could someone advise me please - we need to make payment by a bank cheque drawn on an Australian Bank or drawn on a bank that has representation in Australia. Please can someone verify that we can have a bank draft drawn up from our a/c at Barclays Bank as they are linked with Westpac in Oz? Our local bank seem a bit vague although my OH has spoken to someone by phone at Barclays who said it would be o.k.???? :roll:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Linda

Yes - no problem at all. It is exactly the same procedure as for the 1st VAC, and we used it for the 1st VAC for my Mum.

I told RBS that I wanted a Bank Cheque, made payable to The Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs, for $1,305.00 Australian dollars. They wanted to send it to Mum by post but I didn't like the sound of that and insisted that they aranged for us to collect it from the Branch.

Send the cheque by International Signed For, I suggest. That's what I did with Mum's application, including the Bank cheque, and it worked.

Your visa isn't far away now and then you can get on with your new lives downunder. I'm thrilled that it is almost over for you. Please let me know when your visa is granted.

Cheers

Gill

Thanks Gill for your speedy reply. You are a real star! Always there for us all. Can't believe that all the waiting is nearly over. As we didn't expect to have request for 2nd VAC til mid October we were not quite ready with funds in the right place. Also would you believe that we have a wedding to go to in Essex over this coming weekend and then OH is going to spend a week with our daughter from 8th to 14th Oct so we are a bit short of time to arrange things so unfortunately have had to ask for an extension of time in which to pay. Might not need it if cheques from Isas clear before he goes but just in case...... :roll: Thanks again, Linda

p.s. bet your mum is getting excited for her return to Oz and the family! and can guess that you are relieved to have things all sorted at last. :)

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Linda

Sorry about the delay in replying. My car packed up the other night - a hose on the water system went AWOL, the car overheated and the AA man said that a particularly joyful side-effect was that it had knackered the head gasket. £400 later it is now mended but We Are Not Amused!

The POPC are very helpful we found. If you need an extension, they'll be OK. (Since you are not planning to leave the UK for a while, I'd ask for one anyway to keep the dosh dry for a bit longer!)

My mother is a different woman. She did not believe that the visa has really been granted until she saw the visa label in her passport last weekend. Now she has grabbed the idea big-style. We had hassle with the Balance of Family Test because of a half-sister/step-daughter. This led to Mum's 1993 application for a Parent visa being refused. The Law was changed in 2003 and my half-sister is now irrelevant to this.

But poor old Mum has had to wait for just as long as all the Parents in the non-contributory queue, in effect, so we are all just immensely relieved and beginning to believe that this is real.

However - stupidly - I told Mum about the 40kg baggage allowance. She has NOT got even 20kg of air-baggage. She is determined to acquire 40kg worth though, to judge from the list of shops she wants me to take her to between now and next Saturday when she will be leaving for Oz.

Hey ho!

Gill

Archived