Both British and looking to emigrate to OZ! Help

Melmur13

Hi there! New to all this and to be honest I'm so clueless about it all :err: basically I'm 22 and my boyfriend is 23, I'm a qualified dental nurse and he is a qualified plumber and we would love to emigrate to Oz! Is it a good idea to get a immigration lawyer to start the process for us? I don't even know where to begin! Suggestions would be much appreciated

thanks

melissa

Hi there! New to all this and to be honest I'm so clueless about it all :err: basically I'm 22 and my boyfriend is 23, I'm a qualified dental nurse and he is a qualified plumber and we would love to emigrate to Oz! Is it a good idea to get a immigration lawyer to start the process for us? I don't even know where to begin! Suggestions would be much appreciated

thanks

melissa

It is up to you if you use a migration agent (not typically a lawyer for Australia). It is more expensive to do so obviously, but if you don't it means you have to be prepared to put in a lot of hard work and do a lot of reading.

Where to start is ww.immi.gov.au and use the search function to look into 189 or 190 visas.

A few things you could look into also using the search function on that website: check the SOL and see if your occupations are on the list - from memory, I think they will both be so that is good. If they are not on the SOL check the CSOL. Then look up points test and see what you both get. Then look into "skills assessment" for each of your occupations and see if you both have the necessary qualifications and work experience to pass.

See how you get on with all that and let us know. If you are really baffled by it all, then that is probably a signal that you would be better using a migration agent. Anyway, report back.

I'm pretty sure dental nursing isn't a job on either list. Plumbing would be though - you need to look at what's needed for a positive skills assessment. You'll also need to consider requirements for a defacto relationship to see if you could qualify as a spouse on his visa.

I'm pretty sure dental nursing isn't a job on either list. Plumbing would be though - you need to look at what's needed for a positive skills assessment. You'll also need to consider requirements for a defacto relationship to see if you could qualify as a spouse on his visa.

I looked into dental nursing for someone the other day. You are quite right, it wasn't there, but Dental Hygienist, Dental Technician and Dental Therapist all were. Just misremembered when I posted earlier.

:embarrassed: