Singapore airlines

Racheyleigh

If your travelling one way with Singapore airlines and on a visa, call the airline and they give you an extra 10 kg per bag. We did this in June ,I couldn't but my partner and son did , extra 20kg really helped considering our shipment still hasn't arrived!

I’ve flown with Singapore Airlines quite a few times, and again next month - undoubtedly my favourite airline. With regards to the films, the ones shown on the website are not the only films they’ll show, just the new films for that month. They generally have a large selection from the previous few months also.

I’ve flown with Singapore Airlines quite a few times, and again next month - undoubtedly my favourite airline. With regards to the films, the ones shown on the website are not the only films they’ll show, just the new films for that month. They generally have a large selection from the previous few months also.

The films change every month, well at least some, and from my experience it's the same Films/programmes for both legs of the flight Aus/UK, so if you are doing a return trip of less than 1 month then look at trying to do it either side of the end/start of the month.

Guest Guest26110
Hello all :) just wanted to know peoples experiences of flying with Singapore airlines. Thinking of booking my flights to Oz through them, I've had a look at their website at the entertainment section and there's not really much in the way of movies to keep me entertained :( I know that's not the be all and end all of a flight as long as the rest of it had some good opinions! Thanks guys x

Hi, I flew Heathrow to Brisbane in April this year with Singapore Airlines, economy class. I would give them 10/10, I travelled with my 4 yr old, they gave her entertainment packs, colouring book, crayons etc, the kids food was great. The adult meals were good and the service from the hostesses was great, plenty of drinks, warm blankets, flight socks, toothbrush and paste.

I booked direct with sa website and was able to choose my own seats etc. I would guarantee this airline. :-)

Edited by Guest26110

We are flying with them in October.

If you are traveling on a unused Visa they allow an extra 10Kg per person per visa (if that makes sense)

This is generally for permanent unvalidated visas. Temp visas often don't qualify nor do validated visas.

• 2 months later...

I just used Singapore Airlines for my one-way flight to Oz on my 309 visa.

Enquired beforehand about migrant baggage allowance and was granted 10kg. Although they said they put in their system it never showed up online. But this didn't worry me as I had e-mail confirmations from both the UK & the global customer service. Plus I called to make sure.

When we checked in at Heathrow Airport the staff was not aware of any such allowance but I convinced them - the printed out emails came in very handy and eventually they accepted my 2 suitcases totaling 40kg.

Although our flight was delayed (technical issues) and we missed our connecting flight I was actually very happy with Singapore Airlines (we were supplied with complementary food and drinks throughout the wait and provided a hotel while waiting for our new flight in Singapore).

Can absolutely recommend them!

Hello all :) just wanted to know peoples experiences of flying with Singapore airlines. Thinking of booking my flights to Oz through them, I've had a look at their website at the entertainment section and there's not really much in the way of movies to keep me entertained :( I know that's not the be all and end all of a flight as long as the rest of it had some good opinions! Thanks guys x

flown from England with a few and in my experience they are the best I have used.

flight crew are exceptional, nothing is to much trouble. Found entertainment was fine and very varied.

we advanced booked extra legroom seats which were by the exits and it proved a good move, had no issues at all and when we eventually fly out they will be our 1st option.

found there price very competitive also.

If you do book with Singapore online, you should keep checking the seating plans - we were able to change our seats a couple of days before hand as suddenly lots were showing up as free. Meant we changed and the 3 of us sat in a row of 4 and were lucky enough to not have anyone next to us, so had the spare seat.