Our life in their hands!!

Guest sparklypom

Guest sparklypom

Just thought I'd mention that tomorrow(28th ) my hubby and I are off to London, for his interview at Australia House regarding his transfer into the Oz army!

:)

Feeling slightly panicky, nervous and excited at the thought of it all! the interview is Fri, all day!! and at the end we should have an idea whether they want him or not!! Just want to get it all over now, feel a bit in limbo at the mo! :roll:

Will report back at the weekend(will have lots of info by then if there is anyone else interested in doing the same thing)

Sparklypom.

We went for our interview in May. It is all very casual and they are a really friendly bunch. They don't mind what questions you ask, even if they seem really silly! We were given a letter on the day to say that they wanted us to join. We had a few medical things to sort out and they had to get my husband's trades assessed by VETASSESS and then they sent us a formal offer.

However, it did take a couple of months for the job offer to come through and to get the trades assessed! There is another couple who went the same day as us in May, and they are still waiting for their trades to be assessed before the job offer can come through.

I hope all goes well for you and enjoy the day!

Good luck good luck good luck!

Will be thinking of you both and keeping fingers crossed!

It took us about a month or so to get the paper offer through, and maybe another month for the LA thing so that our visa was pre-approved.

They got our visa app on 20th and asked for extra info this morning, which we sent straight off. They seem v efficient!

Anyway, GOOD LUCK!

So how did it go? Am very curious!!

ALSO have just realised that someone else we know had their interview yesterday - I got mixed up and thought yours was Friday, but I'm sure theirs was Thurs - will PM you their details and see if you met them!!

Guest sparklypom

Can't really say anything...... :cry: OH was turned down, so at present we are not going.

Will be back soon, going to lie down in a darkened room with my glass of wine.... both devasted :cry:

Thanks for all your messages of support , been great. :)

Sparklypom.

Guest The.Colebecks
Can't really say anything...... :cry: OH was turned down, so at present we are not going.

Will be back soon, going to lie down in a darkened room with my glass of wine.... both devasted :cry:

Sparklypom.

:? Sorry to hear your news. Is there no other way you can apply?

Hugs

Karen

Sparklypom.

I'm so sorry this must be a blow! Did they not give you any indications of how you can be accepted, surely it wasn't a flat no. If Gollywobbler reads this she must know a way for you, or even if you get on the phone to a good agent and see if they can suggest a way for you to apply. I'm sorry I can't be of more help. Big hug!

Guest sparklypom

I would just like to say thanks to everyone for their cheery messages, feel a whole lot better now :D , can't believe a week has already passed! We're considering all the options on what to do, all is not lost!

Phil, will send you a message at some point with a few details for your advice. :)

I love this site it is soooo positive , it's great to see so many people taking steps to make their lives better.

You'll all be there very soon and it'll be worth every minute! :D

Sparklypom :lol:

I would just like to say thanks to everyone for their cheery messages, feel a whole lot better now :D , can't believe a week has already passed! We're considering all the options on what to do, all is not lost!

Phil, will send you a message at some point with a few details for your advice. :)

I love this site it is soooo positive , it's great to see so many people taking steps to make their lives better.

You'll all be there very soon and it'll be worth every minute! :D

Sparklypom :lol:

Let us know what you decide to do. Have heard from various people that there have been quite a few rejected on medical grounds so am sure they must be quite strict!

Hope all works out for you, whatever you decide to do. Good luck. :D

Archived