AHPRA! Help!!!

RebekahMorris

Hi guys, I'm having a nightmare with the whole migration thing! I applied for my visa having been told I didn't need a skills assessment, lost my money because obv I did need a skills assessment! I now have my skills assessment and have reapplied for my visa, currently 5 weeks into the wait for this. Trouble now is that my AHPRA loe runs out on the 12th August and having no visa yet I will be unable to fulfill the registration requirements! I applied for an extension on the loe and this was denied! I now will have to reapply for my AHPRA! Under the new regulations how long will this take? Will I have to get everything re certified again or will the originally certified documents be ok, clearly in a year nothing has changed so you'd think it would be straightforward but somehow I feel it will be more complicated! Any advice will be gratefully received, thanks.

Hi guys, I'm having a nightmare with the whole migration thing! I applied for my visa having been told I didn't need a skills assessment, lost my money because obv I did need a skills assessment! I now have my skills assessment and have reapplied for my visa, currently 5 weeks into the wait for this. Trouble now is that my AHPRA loe runs out on the 12th August and having no visa yet I will be unable to fulfill the registration requirements! I applied for an extension on the loe and this was denied! I now will have to reapply for my AHPRA! Under the new regulations how long will this take? Will I have to get everything re certified again or will the originally certified documents be ok, clearly in a year nothing has changed so you'd think it would be straightforward but somehow I feel it will be more complicated! Any advice will be gratefully received, thanks.

My advice is to not worry about things you cannot change. You may well need to reapply for registration and it will take what it takes, I am sure they state the processing times, is it 8 weeks? Accept it and plan around it, Australia is not going anywhere, are you here already though? Your previously certified documents will be fine, unless you need a more up to date work reference or something (if that is needed at all). You will get there.

No I'm in the uk, honk if I hadn't been I'll advised about the visa then I would be there be there by now! I'm just worried about my job ECG they have me starting in September but at this rate I wonder if this will happen at all! Such a nightmare it's one thing after the other! X

No I'm in the uk, honk if I hadn't been I'll advised about the visa then I would be there be there by now! I'm just worried about my job ECG they have me starting in September but at this rate I wonder if this will happen at all! Such a nightmare it's one thing after the other! X

Yes appalling advice not to get a skills assessment, that is the most fundamental of requirements. But it is done now. As I said, don't spend energy on things you cannot change. If you are worried about the job, get in touch and say your visa not through yet, well don't do that just yet but maybe do it a few weeks before. Spend your energy on things you can do and things you can change. Waiting periods and past poor advice are not things that need your energy right now.

having just received registration myself with APHRA it is a nightmare right now for UK nurses, im one of the lucky ones!

If you have it already,i would consider going out to complete registration.......IF you are diploma trained. Currently many waiting since september last year for an answer and many being refused or with offer to do a bridging course.....which is thousands!

IF YOUR DEGREE, likely you will be accepted but still a wait, forget the 6-8 weeks timescale, mine took 4 months ( as i said im one of the lucky ones) many have waited longer and still waiting. i have even read those with higher diploma being rejected and those who trained as diploma and then done a degree in specialized area have even been refused.

So simply, yes if your degree, a lengthy wait but they seem to be getting approval,all others still no answer or being declined unfortunately.

Look at threads re APHRA will give you a good insight, good luck x

Archived