Tour de france ( yorkshire and cambridge )

bunbury61

To be fair Cav hunted out the person he leant on and caused the crash and apologised. Admitted it was his fault and said sorry.

And Gerrans had already said it was part of racing, it happens and he'd been in worse. He isn't holding a grudge.

People make out so much from crashes like that, but in sprint finishes, anyone spriting can push a bit too much or move off their line, catch someone and cause a wipeout. It isn't the first time, won't be the last. There will be more on the tour for sure.

Poor Yorkshire people have to put up with rude and inconsiderate cyclists clogging up their narrow roads.

My wife was back in Gee Cross a couple of weeks ago and they had put signs up about which roads were going to be closed. Her Dad refused to believe they were closing roads as far away as Glossop but they were. I know there were loads of people out, having a good time and watching the race but there were an equal number of people really peed off with it too. Ah well, you can never please everyone, all the time.

If I still lived there I would have been out there on the bike. Good excuse to get off for the day.:cool:

Just in from seeing it go through our village - amazing! The carnival feeling was awesome! The breakaway was around 2 mins but the peloton weren't in a hurry. The advertising parade started at around 10:30 and I scored a Skoda sun hat which was most welcome on this fabulously sunny day! I walked the first 3 racing miles on my daily walk early this morning and things were buzzing already and strangers talking to each other at 7:30 am!

I was in North Yorkshire a few weeks back and everyone was really getting into the spirit of things. Lots of "ornamental" bicycles on roofs, outside shops etc. Lots of other cycle-related activity as well. They are coming past my office in London, at around 15:00 so I will go and have a look. I'm not a big fan but it's always nice when something unites people in a positive way. Perhaps it will counteract some of the negativity around here today!

Just in from seeing it go through our village - amazing! The carnival feeling was awesome! The breakaway was around 2 mins but the peloton weren't in a hurry. The advertising parade started at around 10:30 and I scored a Skoda sun hat which was most welcome on this fabulously sunny day! I walked the first 3 racing miles on my daily walk early this morning and things were buzzing already and strangers talking to each other at 7:30 am!

it looks fantastic again .......rushed home to watch it

Watched it to the finish again last night. Too many late nights at the moment. We were hoping the guys on the breakaway would win, but they got caught close to the finish, like they normally do. Wish those daft people trying to take selfies would keep out the way. A couple got cleaned up and caused crashes last night.

Archived