do i need migrant adviser?

Amanda14

Hi, I am looking to apply for 187 permanent residency. My employer is willing to sponsor me, so don't think I will have any problems.

But finding the paper work a bit scary. Should I get a migrant adviser, or do you think I can get through it all?

Would love to hear from anyone who has done the application themselves and got through it all.

Cheers

You'll get varying opinions on this topic. Lots of people have done it on their own successfully, people do it on their own unsuccessfully and lose their application fee, and others decide to use an agent. It's really personal opinion and whether you feel confident you can manage the research, documentation, etc. I did my own 186 application successfully, but since I was coming from a 457 visa I felt reasonably comfortable I knew what I needed to do.

thanks MaggieMay, I am coming from a 457. did all the paper work for that. just had a bad experience with my husband applying for the 187 first as he had employer sponsor. despite ticking all the boxes the law had changed since our arrival and because he was 52 they denied his application:confused: but my employer will sponsor me. while I think I can do all the paper work the pressure is on as if this application doesn't work we will have to go home :sad:

My understanding of the process is I need my employer to put in sponsor forms, while I organize police checks and fill out our forms. Once Immi ok the sponsorship then I put in our forms.

Although VeryStormy raises a question - is my employer using an agent. Do they need to?

Hi, I am looking to apply for 187 permanent residency. My employer is willing to sponsor me, so don't think I will have any problems.

But finding the paper work a bit scary. Should I get a migrant adviser, or do you think I can get through it all?

Would love to hear from anyone who has done the application themselves and got through it all.

Cheers

I recommend that your first course of action should be to speak with your employer to determine if they are aware of the requirements and are confident and capable of lodging the application for Regional Certification and Nomination.

There is no point getting everything right for the visa if the Regional Certification and Nomination are not compliant.

Archived