Citizenship Application Question

Phoenix16

Hi! I'm hoping the wonderful PIO can help as after much online searching and trying to get through to the citizenship phone line unsuccessfully I still can't find the answer to my question!

We are now eligible to apply for citizenship and would like to do so ASAP, I have pulled loads of info online, got all my documents ready but realised my 6 year old daughters UK passport expired 12 months ago, I can't find any info that specifies it has to be an 'in date' passport, the expired passport has all the info regarding when we arrived in Australia etc and I'm hoping this together with her birth certificate and all the other required documentation should be sufficient but don't want to proceed with the application and hit a hurdle. I'm also aware the timing couldn't be worse if we need to renew the passport based on the current delays in the UK!!

Both mine and Hubby's passports are current and all other documentation is ready to go, can anyone foresee a problem whith my daughters expired passport?

Many thanks for any advice given xx

I think Australia accepts Aussie passports as proof of identity up to two years after expiry. I presume they would afford the same courtesy to holders of foreign passports. I'm not even sure that they would need to be within two years if you have other ID that covers the 100 points and the correct categories - the out of date passport simply corresponds to the visa reference.