Hairdressing again??

jack13

http://cricos.deewr.gov.au/Course/CourseDetails.aspx?CourseID=77126

https://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/h/hairdresser.htm

I spoke about going into this as an option a few years ago and you all just pissed on my idea. But I think its worth a try. Plus hairdressing is a job you can do anywhere in the world not necessarily in Australia. I could live in any country and do it cash in hand as a mobile hairdresser ect. I have always had an interest in hair and wanted to do it when I was 16 but never did, i did the drama course instead which was a route to nowhere.

I will go to oz on the student visa and do it this course is only 5 and a half grand GBP. So affordable, i was going to spend that coming back on a tourist visa anyway. Then I could do the hairdressing IV. I believe you can get state sponsorship in WA for this. And in other states I could look for 457 sponsors. I could nip over to nz for a year to do any work experience necessary. I think its worth a good shot. I know nothing is guarantee but it sounds as though If I stay in England and go down the degree route nothing is guaranteed, so I'd rather fail after two/three years in oz, than fail after two, three years here in England.

Any helpful responses greatly appreciated.

This seems a much better idea than drama indeed. The only thing I would say is forget this de facto idea and focus on getting those two qualifications under your belt. I promise you that as soon as you aren't interested in love or finding Mr Right, but are immersed in a busy and fulfilling life, Mr Right will enter and you will fall madly in love (and I will dust off my hat!).

If you really have an interest in hairdressing and want to do, then go for it bheta xx

This seems a much better idea than drama indeed. The only thing I would say is forget this de facto idea and focus on getting those two qualifications under your belt. I promise you that as soon as you aren't interested in love or finding Mr Right, but are immersed in a busy and fulfilling life, Mr Right will enter and you will fall madly in love (and I will dust off my hat!).

If you really have an interest in hairdressing and want to do, then go for it bheta xx

Thank you, sounds like something I can really go for.

You never know. I started doing Mr MtT's hair, and do my son's too and I have a hidden barbering talent that I never knew I had! In fact, my son has his hair where it's longer on top then the sides from front to back are shorter but gradiated in and the back ends in a V shape at the nape of the neck and tbh, I never thought I would be able to do that and I can so I'm dead impressed with myself...there's life in this old dog yet :wink:

Definitely a plan with legs, although you obviously know hairdressing has been on and off the CSOL and state sponsorship lists over the past few years so there is always a risk that by the time you are qualified it is off again.

More viable than a de-facto though, at least you have control - I was just reading a post on here this morning from someone who is on the first temporary phase of a spouse visa and their marriage is at risk - I think it takes about 5 years with someone to become a permanent resident by that route and actually that's a lot of strain on a relationship knowing if it ends you're shipped off back to the UK.

One thing though is qualification alone would be sufficient I don't think, you would need experience too so make sure you get the full picture before you start handing over cash.

The good thing about a student visa is you can legally work to so you will be able to pay your way whilst you are there.

Yer well there's risks with everything. But think this is a more solid plan, at least its a career if nothing else. They actually state if you have the qualification you dont necessarily need experience but I might get some anyway, just to be on the safe side.

Guest The Pom Queen

Do you also fancy becoming a chef. There is always plenty of work for qualified chefs. Not sure if its still a skill in demand though

http://cricos.deewr.gov.au/Course/CourseDetails.aspx?CourseID=77126

https://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/h/hairdresser.htm

I spoke about going into this as an option a few years ago and you all just pissed on my idea. But I think its worth a try. Plus hairdressing is a job you can do anywhere in the world not necessarily in Australia. I could live in any country and do it cash in hand as a mobile hairdresser ect. I have always had an interest in hair and wanted to do it when I was 16 but never did, i did the drama course instead which was a route to nowhere.

I will go to oz on the student visa and do it this course is only 5 and a half grand GBP. So affordable, i was going to spend that coming back on a tourist visa anyway. Then I could do the hairdressing IV. I believe you can get state sponsorship in WA for this. And in other states I could look for 457 sponsors. I could nip over to nz for a year to do any work experience necessary. I think its worth a good shot. I know nothing is guarantee but it sounds as though If I stay in England and go down the degree route nothing is guaranteed, so I'd rather fail after two/three years in oz, than fail after two, three years here in England.

Any helpful responses greatly appreciated.

Go you Jack!

I debated this years and years ago and never did anything with it when I wanted to go to oz before... Things come up, didn't do anything with it and went on to be a manager of a travel agents (wishing I had gone and got a skill to be worth the points or SS). Started loving my job, travelling everywhere and Australia just went on hold. I then met mr right randomly one day, he said he was working to be a nurse and wanted to emigrate to australia... After I picked myself up off the floor after falling off my chair (I mean really, who says that on their first date) we're emigrating together and I'm going to re train in something when we get to oz potentially.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you're here for a short time but it's a long time to be unhappy so control the controllables and do whatever makes you happy right now and everything else just falls into place. Who knows, you might cut mr rights hair one day! :wubclub:

This sounds like a much more viable and sensible idea than the previous ones!!

As has been said hair dressing has been on and off the list for a while. It could be off when you qualify but may be back on when you're coming around to applying.

Best of luck with this Jack. There comes a point where you'll see the finding a person using them for a visa idea is stupid and immature. Maybe now is that time.

Archived