RRV Declined

blondisan9

Can anyone help me please I applied to return back to Australia on RRV and it has been declined on the grounds that I have not lived in Australia for 10 years. This seems ridiculous to me as I am applying to move back there. They have said that my daughter who is Australian and lives on Sunshine Coast can appeal the decision. I need to know if there is any chance if she does appeal whether I will win the appeal.

I dont know if she can appeal but I cant see why you think it is ridiculous! You havent wanted to live in the country for 10 years so its only right you should have to apply from scratch again.

Can anyone help me please I applied to return back to Australia on RRV and it has been declined on the grounds that I have not lived in Australia for 10 years. This seems ridiculous to me as I am applying to move back there. They have said that my daughter who is Australian and lives on Sunshine Coast can appeal the decision. I need to know if there is any chance if she does appeal whether I will win the appeal.

Generally in order to get a five-year RRV you have to have lived in Australia for two years of the past five years. So it's not really surprising you got declined, unfortunately. Hopefully someone can comment on whether your daughter's appeal will help - and quite honestly, if I were you I'd be contacting a good registered migration agent to talk about building a case that you have "strong ties" to Australia and perhaps helping your case with the appeal.

I'm a bit surprised at the outcome - we have had some recent posters who have been granted RRVs from far less promising situations. I'd say it's worth a shot to appeal it and think of some good reasons (a) why you had to be out of Australia for 10 years and (b) why you have compelling reasons to return.

You think it's ridiculous because you are applying? It would be ridiculous if they denied your visa without having applied, otherwise it seems pretty clear cut to me. A residency permit is a permit to reside, to come and go as you want you need to be a citizen.

Archived