VETASSESS timeline

pattern

Hi all,

I've searched the forum and couldn't find an up to date thread about the current processing of VETASSESS

Just wanted to share that I've just submitted my documents to VETASSESS.

Is there a spreadsheet where all of you guys update your timelines that I can check and update with my details?

Thanks!

----------------------------------------

Me: Occupation code: 224112; IELTS: 28 April 2014: Overall 8 (7+ each). VETASSESS documents submitted: 9 June 2014

Partner: Occupation code: 261311, IELTS: 28 April 2014 Overall 8 (7+ each). ACS documents submitted: 9 June 2014

Hey I didn't manage to find a spreadsheet specifically for skills assessment when I was looking a while ago. However I submitted mine on the 19th of March and got my result on the 5th of June. So it was a bit quicker than the 12-13 weeks I was expecting :)

I lodged the application with all documents uploaded on 10 Apr.

Status was changed to IN PROGRESS on 10 May.

Still waiting at the moment..

Does anybody knows if the 12-16 weeks timeline is counted from IN PROGRESS status or the date of application lodged?

Hopefully getting them my stuff in next month or so, please keep me posted!

Hi Scotsaway, have you contacted by anyone from VETASSESS in the entire process? From the status of IN PROGRESS, what other stages of status have you undergone before +ve outcome? Cheers

These are the exact stages I have been through:

Applied online : 19.01.2014

Status "Lodged" : 20.01.2014

Invoice letter by post: 05.02.2014

Status changed to "In progress": 06.02.2014

Status changed to "Completed": 09.05.2014

Assessment Outcome online: 13.05.2014

اللهم لك الحمد و الشكر

Hope this would help

Hi,

It is 12-14 weeks from when you submit it.

I lodged it and it went to "in progress" the next day, I asked to load another document so it went back to lodged. I uploaded the document but didn't realise I had to let them know once I had done that so it sat as lodged for a week until I phoned up and they changed the status back to in progress.... I was worried that this would delay my application but they assured me the processing time is from when you first submit it. The next status change was to completed and I got the result online within 2 days.:)

Hi guys,

My status changed from Lodged to In progress today smile.gif I guess this is considered to be fast development as the lodgement was on the 10th of June (Australian time).

----------------------------------------

Me: Occupation code: 224112; IELTS: 28 April 2014: Overall 8 (7+ each). VETASSESS documents submitted: 9 June 2014; changed to In progress on 19 June 214

Partner: Occupation code: 261311, IELTS: 28 April 2014 Overall 8 (7+ each). ACS documents submitted: 9 June 2014; changed to stage 4 on the 10 June 2014

Hi!

I am new to this forum and the first time I have joined so far in my entire life :) Hehe...

I am a bit worried with the posts I have read about the delay of processing times for vetassess.I have phoned them and they told me also that it is 10-12weeks from the date you submitted it and not the date lodged or the payment cleared.Mine was an online application.

At first I did not opt for the points test advise letter,but eventually after all the readings and calls to confirm if I will need it,I did requested one also to be safe.But it was done at a later stage when I saw that my application status online was already in progress.

Will that cause a delay in the application?I also didn't use a migration agent due as it's very expensive.Everything I did on my own.

I am also planning to apply for state sponsorship under SA.I am just so glad they have reset the pharmacy technician to high availability with a lower band of IELTS scores needed.

Now my problem is with vetassess.Do they still have the urgency form to fill so that I can expedite my application.I am afraid my occupation will be filled soon.

Anyone here in this forum who has the same sentiment as mine.Would be glad to hear from you :)

Hey I didn't manage to find a spreadsheet specifically for skills assessment when I was looking a while ago. However I submitted mine on the 19th of March and got my result on the 5th of June. So it was a bit quicker than the 12-13 weeks I was expecting :)

Mine was submitted 2nd of May 2014,lodged on 20 May 2014,and 2 weeks later was in progress.When I called to ask the status,they said it takes 10-12 working weeks and I must start counting from the date of submission even if my payment through credit card was cleared only later when all the docs were completely uploaded.Is there truth to this?Waiting is such an agony esp now I am afraid our occupation might be out of the list :( though it's reset to high availability now but due to a number of applications,it might quickly go down to medium availability then to low :( ANY URGENCY REQUEST FOR VETASSESS?ANY IDEA GUYS?Does it matter if your occupation is under professional or trade list?Mine is PHARMACY TECHNICIAN under professional occupation.

It's already the 13th week after I lodged the VETASSESS skills assessment. I email them to inquire the progress in last week and received the following reply:

I refer to the above named applicants skills assessment for migration.

This case is currently in the process of being assessed and is being treated as a priority.

An assessment officer may contact you via email to notify you if further documents and/or information are required. If the documentation is complete, all attempts will be made to try to complete your case as soon as possible.

Please take note that this is an estimate only, and we are unable to guarantee that an application will be completed within this timeframe as some assessments, for example, may require consultations etc... This estimate does not include the time taken by the applicant to provide us with item(s) we request in order to proceed with an assessment.

So far there's no request of additional documents...I really hope they could complete it by the end of July..

Hey,

With regards to getting an urgent assessment you would need to check with them. Phone them up and explain your situation, they will give you a rough idea of whether they are likely to consider an urgent application or not. I can't imagine they would consider your application urgent if you are requesting it because the availability of your occupation may change. I think it is more likely if you were on a visa that was about to expire or you were about to go up an age bracket and lose points etc etc.

Good luck

Finally got an updated from the VETASSESS since 3 Apr. My status changed to ''completed'' today 10 July. It's exactly the 12th week after I submitted all the documents online on 10 Apr.

I received a message in the communication portal online:

''Your application for the Skills Recognition - General Occupations has been completed

and the result letter will be available to download in PDF format from the online portal within 2 business days.

If you have indicated that you also wish to receive a hard copy of the result letter, this will be sent out by the selected mail service.''

So, In 2 more days, I will know what to do next.

Finally got an updated from the VETASSESS since 3 Apr. My status changed to ''completed'' today 10 July. It's exactly the 12th week after I submitted all the documents online on 10 Apr.

I received a message in the communication portal online:

''Your application for the Skills Recognition - General Occupations has been completed

and the result letter will be available to download in PDF format from the online portal within 2 business days.

If you have indicated that you also wish to receive a hard copy of the result letter, this will be sent out by the selected mail service.''

So, In 2 more days, I will know what to do next.

I think this is good news as from what I've seen on the forum, negative results are usually not received on the end of the 12th week :)

Congratulations... We are still awaiting a response from Vetassess. We submitted our vetassess application online on 12/04/2014 and status still showing IN PROGRESS.. Hope we get a positive outcome.

I just don't get it, why it has to take so much time for them to check the docs... and they charge one of the highest fees..

I did once query with someone from Vetassess the time they take to do things and was advised that it is because the documents get triple checked by three different individuals before they can sign off on the applicant. I agree that it takes longer and is more expensive than other assessment bodies but perhaps this reflects the more complex nature of the skills they are assessing.....

Yay~ Got the outcome letter online on 11th July. It's positive.

In the outcome letter, although I submitted all my past 5 years's employment documentation to them, they only assessed those from about 1 year ago.

By doing this way, I think they reduced their workload to minimal...as long as they considered that I fulfill their minimum requirement(i.e 1 year or above post qualification work experience highly relevant to the nominated occupation; and a highly relevant bachelor degree)

I spent a great deal effort in organizing all other documents further back to 5 years ago. Apparently, it's just a waste of time.

Anyway, I'm done with VETASSESS.

Next, State sponsorship.

Yay~ Got the outcome letter online on 11th July. It's positive.

In the outcome letter, although I submitted all my past 5 years's employment documentation to them, they only assessed those from about 1 year ago.

By doing this way, I think they reduced their workload to minimal...as long as they considered that I fulfill their minimum requirement(i.e 1 year or above post qualification work experience highly relevant to the nominated occupation; and a highly relevant bachelor degree)

I spent a great deal effort in organizing all other documents further back to 5 years ago. Apparently, it's just a waste of time.

Anyway, I'm done with VETASSESS.

Next, State sponsorship.

Well as far as I understand they will only assess your 5 years of experience if you pay for the PTA (point test advice) service, otherwise only 1 year is being assessed. But the PTA is not mandatory is up to your discretion. You will need to provide all those proofs of experience to DIBP anyway so your effort was not wasted. Good luck with the SS.

BTW how much time it took you to receive the VETASSESS assessment?