Not been on here for ages

fossda

Hello all

Not been on here for ages as have been at a standstill with our plans for so long now I feel like I've been asleep lol!

But now things are starting to move a bit ( at last) I feel the need to be reacquainted with PIO and try and make contact with people who may be moving soon also.

We've had our PR visa since 2011 - nobody can say we have rushed the idea !! Validated it in 2012 where we fell for SE Qld.

It was a long hard slog to get the visa - I'm a nurse but as the children were young then, I worked part time 19.5 hrs a week. This was 0.5 hours a week under what ANMAC would accept so I had to grit my teeth, up my hours and worked full time for a year until I could apply for skills recognition. IELTS was a pain but managed to pass it. AHPRA was a b&@"&y nightmare and took 6 months, state sponsorship took 3 months, all this with major visa changes ! My hair used to be brown - have to dye the grey now :arghh:

People on here we're so helpful and we were able to do the process without an agent :notworthy:

But here we are now, 5 years since we first went to Downunder Live, hopefully booking flights soon.

The house has taken 2 years to sell but is now SSTC - just can't feel excited until the contracts are exchanged.

I applied for a job with Qld Health and have been successful and start work on 1st September. So just need to complete on house and hope to arrive in Brisbane in August.

Would love over to be in contact with anyone Bayside or between North GC & Southern Brisbane.

Sorry - that's a bit if an essay - just wanted to say hi really and show my excitement in finally getting there

Rachel,Dan, Sam and Jack

Hi Rachel,

i live in SE brisbane so once your over here we can meet up for coffee. If you need any advice let me know, not as experienced as others as we have only been here a year, but will help where I can.

I will pm you my mobile no so you can also contact me.

marie

Guest The Pom Queen

Welcome back stranger. Don't vanish for so long next time :tongue:

It sounds like all that waiting and stress is finally going to come good for you :hug: