Urgent 457 query

Mrsteacher

Hi everyone, I'm currently applying online for 457! Stuck on the first page!:-( the first section asks for "sponsorship application transaction reference number " and the section underneath asks for "nomination TRN".

On my nomination approval that I got it gives details of the following- sponsorship application id, nomination TRN and nomination Id as well as a file number. It doesn't say anything about a " sponsorship application transaction reference number"?!? What do I put in that section? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!:-/ I want to get the application completed ASAP!

Erm......correct me if I am wrong but your employer should be doing the application...if not then you should be asking questions

My employer has nominated me for the visa and the nomination has been approved but I have to proceed with lodging the application for the 457! I'm not sure if this is normal practice!

I may be out of date here as it was six years ago for me but your employer should do the nomination and the application, including paying the fees. You pay your own way here. What country are you from and what is your proposed employment ?

I may be out of date here as it was six years ago for me but your employer should do the nomination and the application, including paying the fees. You pay your own way here. What country are you from and what is your proposed employment ?

My employer paid the nomination but I have to pay for the 457 application:-( I'm a teacher!

Ok, here's what I had to do.....fill the form in and send it back to my new employer who processed and paid for the whole thing. All I had to do was pay for the flight to Aus and sort out own digs. Something smells fish to me and I'm not referring to Baldricks apple crumble

its perfectly reasonable for MrsTeacher to be paying her 457 visa. The only part that the employer is legally bound to pay is their nomination costs. Any other costs are up to both parties to decide on who pays for what or pay their own way.

My employer is paying his part and I am paying mine.

if you are doing it without a MA then that's how it works. You will have to wait until the nomination has been passed which it has and then you lodge your 457.

I'm sure that the sponsorship transaction reference number is the receipt number that you're employer will have when they paid for their part of the visa.

Sponsorship application transaction reference number is the TRN for the Standard Business Sponsorship application, and you only provide this if the SBS hasn't been approved yet. You need to fill in the box below that which is Sponsorship Agreement Number which is the sponsorship ID number. You may need to ask your employer for this information.

its perfectly reasonable for MrsTeacher to be paying her 457 visa. The only part that the employer is legally bound to pay is their nomination costs. Any other costs are up to both parties to decide on who pays for what or pay their own way.

My employer is paying his part and I am paying mine.

The 457 visa is the one visa which the employer legally has to pay all the fees on.

Other sponsorship visas they can insist you pay it, but not the 457.

The 457 visa is the one visa which the employer legally has to pay all the fees on.

Other sponsorship visas they can insist you pay it, but not the 457.

Well mine hasnt and not once has my MA ever mentioned it in email or our contract.

What was stated is that he was 100% liable for his nomination costs and he couldnt at any time in the 457 employment claim any of that money back from me for him nominating me

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/changes-457-program.htm

It's not totally clear there, but the 'certain cost' which it says employers are not allowed to pass onto employees under any circumstances are the advertising, visa fees etc. You are still responsible for any health and police checks and your flights out (but some companies are nice and pay those too).

Ask your agent to look into it. They can't write it into your contract if it isn't legal.

Thanks everyone for the replies!i have 80% of the application completed! Im

now stuck on the section where it asks about my current visa. I'm currently on a whv, I didn't get a visa label when I got my whv but I did that the electronic visa. So in the application it asks for my visa number. On my whv it has a visa grant number which I assumed this was so I put that number in but only 11 of the digits fit and there are 13 altogether?!? Any idea what I'm supposed to do there?? I really don't want to have to ring immigration on Tuesday to spend 2hrs on hold! Any suggestions would be great! Appreciate the help!:)

Thanks everyone for the replies!i have 80% of the application completed! Im

now stuck on the section where it asks about my current visa. I'm currently on a whv, I didn't get a visa label when I got my whv but I did that the electronic visa. So in the application it asks for my visa number. On my whv it has a visa grant number which I assumed this was so I put that number in but only 11 of the digits fit and there are 13 altogether?!? Any idea what I'm supposed to do there?? I really don't want to have to ring immigration on Tuesday to spend 2hrs on hold! Any suggestions would be great! Appreciate the help!:)

Pretty sure you can leave the Visa Label field blank if you don't have a Visa Label.

Pretty sure you can leave the Visa Label field blank if you don't have a Visa Label.

Thanks for your reply, ya at the beginning of the application it says about the visa label and your right you don't need to fill that part in, but further in to the application it asks for your current visa number/ class of visa/ place of issue and date of expiry! But my visa grant number is too long to fit I'm here!! I'm going to have to ring immigration tomorrow because I can't understand how I can put the number in when there's only space for 11 digits??

That field is still for the visa number, not the grant number. If you do not have a label you won't have a visa number so leave that field blank but fill in the rest. The DIBP have your visa history on record anyway.

Thanks for your reply Adam!ill try leaving it blank then, not sure if it will let me though! If it doesn't should I just say no to where it asks do I have a visa?!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone, I'm currently applying online for 457! Stuck on the first page!:-( the first section asks for "sponsorship application transaction reference number " and the section underneath asks for "nomination TRN".

On my nomination approval that I got it gives details of the following- sponsorship application id, nomination TRN and nomination Id as well as a file number. It doesn't say anything about a " sponsorship application transaction reference number"?!? What do I put in that section? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!:-/ I want to get the application completed ASAP!

It is an either/or question. TRN or application ID.

Hi, I faced exactly the same problem. I used either the sponsor ID or application ID in the

lower box. I was able to then complete the application. I have also got the visa recently. Good luck with your application.

Archived