How long would it take for a visa to be refused ?

froggles

I guess as soon as they find a reason to reject they will do it right away instead of doing the whole checks and process.

I think if we have straightforward error, it can get decline letter in 1.5 mths as co allocated.

What's the last info from co? Mine said that my app is queueing for finalisation , but most probably after 1 jJuly.

Last contact I had was 17 /03 / 14 and that was the delay email ! I have called them since then and they said its ready for finalising but don't know when ? Could be before July could be after ... Was just wondering if something was wrong would they have said by now? The wait continues .

I had contact roughly 6 weeks after my application went in. I applied for a 186 visa without a skills assessment after wrongly being advised I didn't need one. They gave me 28 days to upload it but I appealed and this time went over roughly 2 weeks. I then heard from them saying I had to upload it by midnight that night or they would refuse my application. Other than that I could withdraw the application but I would lose the application fee £3345! I had to withdraw the application as my skills assessment still isnt done but am in the process of applying for a refund (not hopeful though), I will then re apply when the skills assessment finally comes back. Hopefully they will allow you to rectify (if it's possible) any mistake and comtinue your application. Good luck.

Ahh that's terrible that you lost the money at least you can apply again and don't have to wait two years ! Was that a migration agent that gave you that advise ?

I haven't made a mistake hopefully but I was just wondering if I had would they have told me by now ? So what I'm looking for is reassurance that no news is good news .

Good luck mate and everybody that's waiting !

I've been worried because my wife (who is from Sydney) became a UK citizen a couple of years ago. We've been asked for confirmation of this which we have sent, and we're told my health check dates in the same email, but I can't help worrying that it could be grounds for rejection.

I've been worried because my wife (who is from Sydney) became a UK citizen a couple of years ago. We've been asked for confirmation of this which we have sent, and we're told my health check dates in the same email, but I can't help worrying that it could be grounds for rejection.

Why would becoming a uk citizen be a problem ??

Easier said than done, but you have to try not to worry about it. A lack of communication is perfectly normal and there's just no way of predicting when an application will be decided. Usually once a CO or administrator looks at the case you'd get a response quickly if there was something obviously wrong that was going to lead to a refusal (like not having a skills assessment for example). If you lodged in Jan it's taking a bit longer than I would normally expect but it doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong.

Oh no Froggles, cant believe you are still waiting :no: Hope you hear very soon :hug: Xx

Cheers for the support michaela

yeah seems like 189s are a lot quicker at the moment.. How's your plans for the move going and where are you off to?

Here's an interesting one for you.

Colleague of mine submits an application for 186 Direct Entry around 1 year ago. 6 months later, the nomination was approved and case officer assigned. CO said verbally that all was good and he just needed medical. Medicals were requested and completed. 4 weeks later, letter by registered post with a visa refusal. The reason was that the Skills Assessment was dated and uploaded after the application date, which apparently isn't allowed.

That could have been refused straight away, but 6 months + medicals went by before refusal.

Here's an interesting one for you.

Colleague of mine submits an application for 186 Direct Entry around 1 year ago. 6 months later, the nomination was approved and case officer assigned. CO said verbally that all was good and he just needed medical. Medicals were requested and completed. 4 weeks later, letter by registered post with a visa refusal. The reason was that the Skills Assessment was dated and uploaded after the application date, which apparently isn't allowed.

That could have been refused straight away, but 6 months + medicals went by before refusal.

The 6 month delay would be because they won't even look at the application until the nomination is finalised.

Skills assessment dated after the date of lodgement is an instant refusal, I guess the CO spotted the date a little late otherwise they wouldn't have requested the medicals.

Froggles, that's my guess too. The original case officer either didn't know or didn't spot it.

After refusal, the original CO asked him to resubmit and send him the TRN directly. The CO then got the case assigned to him and it was approved straight away (within a couple of weeks of submission). Another $3.5k though and the experience of a rejection letter.

Froggles, that's my guess too. The original case officer either didn't know or didn't spot it.

After refusal, the original CO asked him to resubmit and send him the TRN directly. The CO then got the case assigned to him and it was approved straight away (within a couple of weeks of submission). Another $3.5k though and the experience of a rejection letter.

Im glad to hear that it was all successful in the end !!